Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
INSURANCE OFFICER – V/FT/100/2022 – 2 POSTS
Reporting to the Credit Control & Insurance Manager, the insurance officer job is Responsible for all collection functions necessary to ensure the prompt and correct payment to the Hospital of all monies owed by patients and insurance providers at KUTRRH.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Processing and documentation (claims and payment processing and medical coding) of health insurance claims.
- Responsible for updating internal databases, which electronically store and organize patients’ records, billing details as per the registration forms.
- Liaise with Insurance underwriters on claims adjustment at the point of admission and discharge.
- Ensuring patients ac are billed within KUTRRH defined protocols and standards laid out.
- Insurance claims reporting, reconciliation and analysis of trends with regard to medical claims.
- Ensuring medical records are accurate and that the database is secure.
- Participate in all audits, service evaluations and process reviews to enhance the delivery of billing service to customers/stakeholders.
- Participate in regular checking, review and reconciliation of billing to ensure validity of insurance management reporting.
- Resolve incoming queries on billing from patients, insurance companies, consultants or colleagues in a professional and efficient manner.
- First point of contact with Insurance underwriters on claims and settlement ensuring a defined service level agreement is in place.
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce and related field from a recognized Institution.
- Minimum level of knowledge that would be regularly applied to the job.
- Operational knowledge of Insurance and credit processes and requirements.
- Have specific operational knowledge of assigned insurance billing contracts, agreements
- Professional Insurance certification
- At least three years working experience in Insurance, Finance or Credit Control.
- Previous experience working in an Insurance or hospital set up handling insurance claim.
Typical soft skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Organizational skills
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the above positions, please apply online via
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Filled Application Form and Licence ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you must attach the Application Letter, CV, Filled Application Form, and Practicing Licence when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 12th August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful candidates must fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
• Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
• Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
• A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY