Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT – V/FT/105/2022 – 8 POSTS
The Procurement Assistant job exists to promote a collaborative, client focused, quality and result oriented approach in the Procurement Unit and effective delivery of the procurement services at KUTTRH.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Maintaining an updated supplier’s database in the system.
- Assist in risk analysis of contracts conditions, costs and sub-contracts and preparing reports on Procurement matters.
- Assist with the coordination with the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notice and that contract documents are distributed accordingly.
- Provide purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
- Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit process.
- Assist with the preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch.
- Assist the Procurement Officer in maintaining current up to date procurement documents.
- Verify current inventory levels and keep records to prevent inventory gaps.
- He/She will note when inventory is low and it is time to order new products.
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma in Supplies Chain Management or related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Registered with Kenya Institute of Purchasing and Supplies Management (KISM).
- Proficiency in Computer applications.
- Knowledge of e-procurement systems.
- Knowledge in professional standards.
- At least two years working experience as a Procurement Assistant in a reputable organization.
Typical soft skills
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the above positions, please apply online via
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Filled Application Form and Licence ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you must attach the Application Letter, CV, Filled Application Form, and Practicing Licence when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 12th August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful candidates must fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
• Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
• Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
• A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY