Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
UNDERSTANDING CANADA PROGRAMS AT THE FOUNDATION
The Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways. The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.
As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being. Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation. The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
If you are an experienced Talent Development Projects & Planning professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head, Talent Development, the role will support the Talent Development team by conducting research, supporting coordination and administration related to Talent and leadership development, learning and performance management, and analysis of trends and shifts to support talent development and oversight. The job holder will be supporting the Talent Development team by conducting research, supporting coordination administration related to stakeholders and the talent development team. He or she will be responsible for supporting request and ensuring efficiency and quick turnaround times of requests.
The successful candidate will be based in any of our listed offices in Africa: Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal or Nigeria.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Working closely with Talent development team & in-country HRBP reps to support them in the full cycle of performance management, talent development and learning needs.
- Liaise with Talent development Leads to scheduling training sessions, clinics, and talent development intervention workshops.
- Lead and manage the sourcing of qualified and suitable candidates for open positions.
- Actively run and manage Dayforce reports for performance reviews and learning.
- Proactively lead and support with Talent development professional development queries and be the custodian of the Talent development mailbox.
- Support in the scholars Fellow & Internship Program into the foundation.
- Stay current with industry trends and the latest research around graduate programs.
- Provide administrative support and oversee execution of full cycle performance management process for all levels of employees to support the Foundation’s performance process including annual goal setting, mid-year check-ins and year-end reviews.
- Provide administrative support to cascade enterprise-wide goals to teams across the Foundation.
- Manage and analyze the outcomes of the performance management process, e.g., identify gaps.
- Conduct management reporting on employee performance, progress/completion of process milestones such as goal setting completion, mid-year check-in completion and year-end review completion.
- Provide administrative support to HRBPs and People Managers in the implementation of performance programs including Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs), high performers and probation reviews, ensuring these are well executed and monitored.
- Execute report and presentations creation by pulling, organizing, and conducting analysis as required to meet parameters of request.
- Provide support on ad-hoc reporting requests as necessary.
- Provide support for and execute data visualization requests.
- Conduct basic data analytics as necessary for reports and internal needs.
- Engage various stakeholders both in P&C and across the Foundation to provide project execution support.
- Co-manage the agenda and calendar of the Talent development team and provide support where required.
- Problem-solve actively, engage stakeholders and develop trusted thought-partner relationships.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in business administration or a related field; Master’s Degree is an asset.
- 4- 6 years of relevant business project management experience (as opposed to IT project management) and success in leading and managing complex projects in an official PM capacity, demonstrating PMO methodologies for planning, risk management, and reporting. Preferably focused on HR and Change Management projects.
- Core experience in HR across the value chain.
- Consulting background will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience applying planning, monitoring, and PMO methodologies for planning, risk management, and reporting.
- HR Generalist knowledge or specialist in either of the HR areas.
- HR global awareness.
- Huge presence with strong presentation skills and solution-oriented.
- Analytical with strong business acumen Detail-oriented, methodical, and process-oriented to consistently and effectively produce and deliver high-quality results on time. Results-driven mindset.
- Strong capability with data analytics and dashboard design is an added advantage.
- Agile, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Team management experience.
- Highly Proficient in all MS Suite core applications: Word, PowerPoint, Projects, Excel, etc.
- Experience synthesizing and analyzing information.
- Proven leadership, analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is August 22, 2022.