Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Program Officer, Noncommunicable Diseases
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is working with the Ministry of Health, Department of Non-Communicable Diseases (DNCD) in rollout and implementation of the Kenya NCD Strategy 2021-2026 that seeks to accelerate the NCD response, strengthen the health system to enable a robust country NCD response including NCD health information and commodity management systems and support for policy and legislative frameworks. PATH will work closely with the Ministry of Health and local partners across relevant sectors to assess the supportive policies and interventions required to influence the model of service delivery and increase access to NCD treatment and care.
The program officer will play a key role in the collaboration between PATH and DNCD in meeting the following objectives;
- Enable data-driven decision-making to prioritize investments and coordinate execution of national NCD strategies across stakeholders targeted to the needs of PLwNCDs.
- Strengthen PHC systems to deliver high-quality NCD services and commodities where needed
- Strengthen supply chain capacity to improve access to and affordability of NCD medicines and products.
- Create enabling policy environments through strong leadership, technical guidance, and supportive tools.
The Program Officer will report to the NCD Lead at PATH Kenya, with a dotted reporting line to the Head, MOH DNCD.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the technical link between PATH and MoH Department of NCD (DNCD)
- Assist in mapping NCD stakeholders and players in the country and support MOH DNCD in timely data collection, collation and analysis using the NCD Navigator tool.
- Support roll out and utilization of EMR and digital tools in NCD service delivery, data and commodity management including Diabetes CarePak.
- Coordinate and provide technical assistance for NCD related capacity building activities, TWGs and technical forums at at National and County levels working in close collaboration with MOH DNCD and NCD ICC.
- Conduct support supervision visits to the project focus counties in collaboration with MOH
- Assist in preparation of routine project reports for submission to the donor, MOH and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Represent MOH DNCD and PATH in select national and county health technical forums and advocating for implementation of NCD related resolutions and adoption of NCD
- Support MOH DNCD in development and implementation of national NCD strategy
- Any other role as might be assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in relevant discipline (e.g. Medical Sciences, Public Health, Social Sciences, Health Systems Management, Health Policy) minimum five years providing technical assistance in health and development projects in poor resource settings, demonstrated County based Health and Development program implementation experience, experience working with county health officials.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical assistance for NCD related
- Enthusiasm for building the capacity of communities and health systems to respond to NCD challenges.
- Ability to support system strengthening and improve service delivery for NCD at various levels of care.
- Strong English oral and written communication
- A high level of time-urgency with an ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines within a flexible, fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a demonstrated capacity to solve problems with energy, flexibility, attention to detail and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a team and deliver results in a fast-changing project
Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.