Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Senior Associate Customer Success supports the initiatives of the Rainforest Alliance’s business partners in East and South Africa along the global supply chain (e.g. producers, exporters, traders, importers, manufacturers, retailers, etc.) to promote Rainforest Alliance certified products. The Senior Associate Customer Success interacts with the different sector companies, gives advice and troubleshoots their navigation through Rainforest Alliance systems to assure compliance with Trademark, Chain of Custody and Traceability requirements. The Senior Associate Customer Success uses best practices in Customer Success processes, optimizes customer experiences and grows the mission impact of the organization. Customer satisfaction, troubleshooting and data analysis are guiding principles in this work.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Respond to general inquiries from producers, companies, organizations and individuals wishing to source and/or promote products with crops from farms with the Rainforest Alliance certification;
- Have professional interactions with companies in the different sectors (including traders) and walk them through the Rainforest Alliance customer journey, providing them with information on the implementation of supply chain requirements including traceability, Rainforest Alliance Standard requirements, use of the certification seal, licensing and mutual recognition where applicable;
- Provide information and technical support to producers, companies and other stakeholders on the implementation procedures of certification;
- Assist in delivering training and webinars to different users in matters such as the Rainforest Alliance traceability system;
- Troubleshoot clients as they navigate the Rainforest Alliance certification, traceability and trademark systems;
- Support team goals and projects in coordination with others in local, regional or global teams as needed;
- Share inputs and feedback about Customer Success processes to support continuous improvement activities;
- Willing to do new assignments in a reasonable time and expertise on internal competence in the RA program when the country director or line manager suggests;
- Support global account managers to deliver results on key accounts located in the region;
- Provide trademark approvals for companies using the Rainforest Alliance seal for marketing purposes;
- Offer registration, and certification process support for companies;
- Collaborate internally with different teams – S&A, Tech Support, Training, Knowledge Management – to deliver accurate support to member companies, and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, ideally in sustainable marketing, communications or business;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in administrative, customer service, tech support or communication roles in a professional office environment;
- Understanding and experience of sustainability and certification programs is highly desired;
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in English;
- Interpersonal abilities and openness to interact with other cultures with tact and diplomacy;
- Positive attitude, with strong organizational and time management skills;
- High attention to detail, analytical and strong customer orientation;
- Ability to interpret and explain guidelines and requirements to others;
- Comfortable with the use of Teams, Zoom or other online communication tools;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications;
- Willingness and ability to travel 15% of the time.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: August 4, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in Kenya will be considered
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com