Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
PHYSICAL & HEALTH EDUCATION (PHE) TEACHER
- Department: Education
- Area: Education
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Supervisor: School Principal
- Contract: Fixed term (with possibility of extension)
- Status: Full-Time
- Compensation: 40.000 Ksh
Still I Rise is an international NGO with a humanitarian mission to provide protection and quality education to refugee and underprivileged youth. We established Still I Rise to respond to a precise need: provide education and a safe social environment to children around the world. We are now launching the first Still I Rise International school for refugees in Nairobi. We will follow an international curriculum and the Still I Rise educational model based on three pillars: education, personal development and safe space.
Our flagship institution is our International School in Mathare, Nairobi. Here, we are passionately engaged in one of the world’s most ambitious, unique and exciting educational projects: to offer the very highest quality of schooling experience to some of the most disadvantaged children in East Africa.
We are now seeking a Physical & Health Education teacher to join our team. You will inspire and educate children in our introductory sports classes, as well as those following the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) programme. The PHE teacher empowers students to understand and appreciate the value of being physically active and to develop the motivation for making healthy life choices.
This position involves working both independently and with a teaching team. The PHE Teacher will be an inspiring, proactive, and energetic person with strong mentoring abilities. You will be curious, ambitious and eager to explore new and challenging techniques.
Still I Rise invests heavily in its teachers. You join with a clear pathway of growth and promotion. We offer extensive professional development in a wide range of areas as well as full sponsorship of your participation in official IB training workshops.
We therefore hire educators who demonstrate genuine care for each child, a hunger to offer them the best, and an infectious passion for the curricular and extracurricular activities they lead.
If you are a qualified P.E. teacher and this sounds like a challenge which suits you, we warmly invite you to apply!
- Lesson Planning: Plan, deliver and facilitate dynamic, active, and creative Physical Education lessons for diverse classes of students aged 10-15.
- Organize games and challenges that promote physical activity among children and young adults
- Progress Monitoring: Review and monitor the progress of all students and identify their individual learning needs in collaboration with the School Principal. Differentiate instruction to meet the learning needs of the students.
- Reporting and Admin: Managing all admin tasks such as attendance and assessment reporting to the School Principal.
- Curriculum Design: All teachers are expected to design a PE curriculum that is age-appropriate, challenging, and also engaging, following specific given guidelines, but integrating to them new and ambitious teaching and educational techniques. Will be also required to adjust their curricula to adapt to children with disabilities or different physical abilities in order to create a positive experience for all students.
- Behavioral Management: Managing students with differing life experiences and adverse childhood experiences in collaboration with the School Principal and the Child Protection Officer.
- Teacher Development: Attend training and professional development meetings.
- Native or proficient knowledge of the English language written and oral
- TSC number
- Kenyan valid residence permit
- Completion of CRB/Background check
- Academic Certificates in the related field or equivalent training and experience
- Understanding of students’ disabilities and adaptive PE techniques where applicable
- At least one year of teaching experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teaching skills
- Ability to mentor students on a daily basis
- Commitment and willingness to work in a challenging and changing environment
- Curiosity, ambition, willingness to create and experiment new teaching techniques
- Determined team player
- Experience teaching low-achieving students
- Experience working with refugee populations
- Experience working with vulnerable people
- Experience in Child Safeguarding and Protection
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are invited to submit their application including their CV, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the subject “PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER”
Please kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in Still I Rise.