Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Introduction of the Corporation
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company and the largest re-insurer in Africa. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria), Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Port Louis (Mauritius) and one (1) Contact Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia). It also has three (3) Subsidiary Companies (Africa Re South Africa Limited in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful Company Ltd. in Cairo (Egypt) and Africa Re Underwriting Agency in Dubai (UAE).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding of 42 African member States, the African Development Bank, 113 African insurance and reinsurance companies, and three (3) non regional shareholders, including leading global insurers, reinsurers and international finance institutions.
The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A by A.M. Best and A – by Standard & Poor’s.
Africa Re hereby invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Driver at the Manual Staff Grade Level in her East Africa Regional Office based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The successful candidate will carry out driving, courier delivery and related responsibilities with the purpose of assisting the office effectively and efficiently meet its hospitality service to clients, staff and partners as well as perform other administrative function in accordance with the office rules and regulations.
Under the supervision of the ADFA/PA, the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
- Provide reliable and safe driving services to staff members, partners and guests of the Corporation;
- Ensure safe and timely delivery of mails, documents and other items while on errand;
- Maintain up to date vehicle log book for vehicle movement, maintenance and reports
- Ensure up to date vehicle documents and all required safety supplies (insurance, first aid kit etc);
- Ensure vehicle is kept in good working condition at all times;
- General knowledge of Motor Vehicle maintenances and service requirements issues;
- Provide basic security to clients;
- Support and relieve the Protocol Team by providing immigration and customs support to staff members and guests of the Corporation at the ports;
- Attending to any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisors and the Corporation’s Management from time to time.
The successful candidate shall be based in Nairobi (Kenya).
MAIN COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- In-depth knowledge of high way code and safe driving;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; Basic oral and written communication & problem Solving skills; ability to communicate effectively with passenger.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Client-oriented – courtesy, tact and self-control skills;
- Display highest standards of discipline, reliability, discretion, integrity and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work with people of different nationals and cultural background;
- Very Good local Nairobi/Kenya area knowledge;
- Basic knowledge of HSE;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; punctuality and availability 24/7 upon request.
- Basic knowledge of defensive driving;
- Communicate in a credible way fostering integration and team work
- Ability to work under pressure and Knowledge of fatigue management practices;
- Ability to work late hours, holidays and around the clock on need basis;
- Must have an excellent attitude and be proactive.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Professional Driver’s License
- Basic Secondary School Education
- Plus 5 years’ qualitative relevant work experience (2 of which should be in similar position as REGULAR DRIVER/PROTOCOL DRIVER in a similar organization).
- Relevant working exposure in a multicultural environment will be an added advantage.
- Other relevant Professional qualifications will also be added advantage
Applicants must also be:
- Able to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English
- Basic knowledge of Computer skills.
- Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Manual Staff Grade Level
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing Allowance
- Inflation Adjustment that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation
- Transport Allowance
Procedure for Application
Interested candidates are requested to visit the Africa-Re website at https://www.africa-re.com/career to complete the online employment form.
Africa-Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers good working environment commensurate with international organizations. The Corporation reserves the right to appoint at the advertised grade level or at any other level that may suit the profile, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 31 July 2022