Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Finance officer will champion production of quality budgeting and financial reporting of property portfolio including ensuring property cashflow is adequate at all times, timely acknowledgment & reporting of donations received, ensure compliance with tax laws of Kenya and internal policies of Aga Khan Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Managing property accounts Receivables, Payables & Reporting
- Prepare and dispatch all rent invoices and ETR receipts and ensure monthly rent schedules are accurately prepared and submitted each month by 10th.
- Prepare monthly rent schedules and receivable ageing report.
- In collaboration with property manager, follow up on rent receivables.
- Review Rental amounts against lease agreement.
- Prepare analytical property reports as and when requested.Re
- view reimbursements documents as received from non-commercial entities & ensure payables are cleared on time.
- Manage input and output VAT
- Prepare annual property budget and as when required
- Ensure terms of the lease agreements are enforced.
- Manage cashflow and ensure excess cash is invested for maximum returns
- Be the point finance person for receiving property reports for Uganda & Tanzania
Donations & other restricted funds
- Issue donation certificates & receipts to both individual and corporate donors.
- Follow up on due diligence for new donors within the community
- Prepare and share the reports related to these donations
- Prepare disbursements for specific projects such as scholarships & constructions.
- Be the point person to receive accountability reports from AKDN partners
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
Audit & Compliance Review Support
- Support foundation’s annual internal audit and Compliance Review functions and follow up of findings especially related to the above 2 responsibilities
- Participate in the preparation of audit schedules and facilitation of the actual audit process.
- Ensure timely resolution of all identified findings in audits
- Maintaining and updating an up-to date Fixed asset register and ensure all assets are well tagged and identifiable on need basis and quarterly basis submit to the management.
- Facilitate the preparation and submission of Tax returns including PAYE, VAT & Withholding Tax.
- Follow up on dividends and record in the books.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- CPA K or equivalent.
- Minimum Three years working experience in finance & accounting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Cross-cultural competence as demonstrated by confidence and ability to make relevant presentations to diverse audiences
- Experience with VAT, Withholding Tax & PAYE
- IT Savvy, including accounting soft wares & advance knowledge of MS Excel
- Understanding of the AKDN ecosystem is an added advantage
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of three professional referees by 8th August 2022
“AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.”