Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Procurement Assistant will support the procurement Coordinator in purchasing and developing of new contracts for the Foundation. This position will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for Aga Khan Foundation, East Africa (AKF) and ensure that procurement procedures are adhered to and timely handling of business administrative issues.
Specifically, the procurement assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Receive and verify documents for requisition of services to ensure adherence to procurement policies and guidelines
- Maintain a procurement schedule/tracking tool aligned to the various work plans
- Source for quotations from pre-qualified suppliers and negotiate for best prices and value
- Prepare comparative bid analysis with recommendations & justification and facilitate approval
- Raise LPOs for approval and issue the same to vendors /suppliers
- Receive and verify the goods supplied to AKFEA
- Compile documentation to support payment of goods and services rendered to AKF
- Generate various procurement reports as guided
- Support in the vendor/supplier pre-qualification exercise & coordinate service tender/RFQ processes
- Liaise with Finance department to ensure timely processing of utility bills, goods and services payments, VAT claims and DA1 forms (in case of tax exemption/refund claims)
- Enter transactions on to Finance ERP Business Central including capturing PRs and invoices onto the system
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, facilitate Insurance of AKFEA assets in line with the asset management policy
- Liaise with the insurer on cancellation and/or addition of any cover upon disposal or acquisition of any assets
- Facilitate preparation, submission and follow up payment on general insurance claims
- Prepare insurance premium schedules and follow up with all stakeholders to ensure the timely payment of the same and continuous reconciliation of the statements
- Issue property insurance invoices for AKDN agencies and submit the same to the Regional Property Manager /department for follow-up on payment
Logistics – Travel, Accommodation & Transport Services:
- Source for flight and accommodation quotations and, in consultation with the traveller, facilitate reservations accordingly and in line with AKFEA procurement guidelines
- Arrange ground transport where necessary and/or as guided
- Provide driver services as needed/guided
- Physical verifications of fixes assets and asset tagging
- A minimum of a Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies or related field.
- 3-years relevant work experience.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Ms-Office.
- High level of integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
Required Skills and Competencies:
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Swahili
- Adherence to AKF’s values and safeguarding policy
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of three professional referees by 8th August 2022.
“AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.”