Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About AKF’s Education Programme
As an international development agency, AKF work in partnership with a global network of local government schools, government education actors and systems, and civil society actors within education systems to co-develop and test affordable and scalable evidence-based models about how best to create quality, equitable learning environments and improve holistic learning outcomes for the most marginalised children. In Kenya, AKF delivers the Education Improvement Programme in the Coast Region. In partnership with a global consortium of private foundations, AKF is implementing Schools2030. Schools2030 is a ten-year participatory learning improvement programme based in 1,000 government schools across ten countries. Using the principles of human-centred design and focusing on the key transition years of ages 5, 10 and 15 years old, Schools2030 supports teachers and students to design and implement education micro-innovations. These low-cost and scaleable innovations will inform and transform education systems to improve holistic learning outcomes for the most marginalised learners worldwide..
Purpose of the position
AKF is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual to lead the direct delivery of Schools2030 activities in Coast. Working under the direct supervision of the Schools2030 Coordinator, the Programme Officer will be responsible for the direct delivery and support to schools, contributing to developing positive partnerships with government and non-government stakeholders, and effectively communicating Schools2030. This role will demand the person to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment and work closely with the broader Coast Region and East African education, programme, and monitoring and evaluation teams as well as the global Schools2030 team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the direct delivery of all Schools2030 activities at the district level with partner schools and youth partners. A core deliverable will be implementing a Human Centred Design processes with all partner schools, including workshops, school-based support, school network support, and effective use of flexible innovation response funds;
- Ensure all aspects of the project cycle are delivered with quality and contribute to the development of workplans, budgets, and activity and narrative reports;
- Provide project information and feedback to communicate progress, challenges, learning, and upcoming priorities and workplans to the Schools2030 Coordinator;
- Ensure all project funds you are responsible for are fully accounted for and liquidation is done in a timely manner to enable timely reporting;
- Ensure all project delivery and processes comply and promote with AKF’s gender and social inclusion and child and community safeguarding policies;
- Be the main point of contact for schools2030 at the district level;
- Engage and coordinate principle partners and stakeholders at district level to ensure collaborative delivery of project activities;
- Work with education actors to strengthen the education ecosystem connections and networks at the district level;
- Lead on the effective collection and management of data at the school and District level
- Ensure project learning is effectively communicated through the internal and external feedback loops and that principle partners have access to and understand the learning;
- Effectively engage in internal AKF learning opportunities to develop professional and technical understanding of education and Human Centred Design.
Contract Type:Fixed Term
Contract End Date: 31st December 2022
Key qualifications and experience
- BA in Education, Sociology, Business Administration or related field;
- Proven experience of working in social programming with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience working in education programming and international development;
- Experience collaborating with government and non-government partners as well as schools, children, teachers and young people;
- Strong understanding of the Kenyan education system and emerging technologies in the education and development sector;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation frameworks for education programmes with experience in data collection methods;
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Proficient in ICT and Microsoft software.