Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Kenya Red Cross Society is a leading humanitarian organization sustainably promoting the wellbeing, health and resilience of communities in Kenya. The Society is seeking a qualified professional in Information and Communications Technology to fill the following position
Position Title: ICT Assistant –Support (1)
Reporting To: ICT Officer –Support
Responsible for ensuring the Kenya Red Cross Society’s (KRCS) Hardware, Software, and Applications components are stable, functioning as expected through carrying out daily checks and support both for end users and back end. This role collects user requirements, ensures enhancements are implemented and bugs are fixed on time as per the agreement and SLA’s. This role is also responsible for disseminating about the Hardware, Software, ICT Policies and Procedures to KRCS Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer and maintain Windows/Mac/Linux systems and services including active directory and file system, back-up and recovery, automated installations, maintenance including upgrades.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email. Verify customers, validate their reported issues, and attempt to resolve with “First Call Resolution”. Update customers with outstanding issues on a regular basis.
- Implement and manage technical projects related to ICT infrastructure comprising hardware and software.
- Design and implement monitoring systems; take action to ensure systems availability and integrity including obtaining vendor technical support.
- Ensure proper functioning of the network, including connectivity to the internet, other networks and interfaces to all depended services such as office365, PC desktops services and applications.
- Prepare ICT monthly reports and updates of maintenance of ICT activities.
- Develop systems documents and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Implement network security policies, standards, guidelines and provide network security incidence response.
- Provide technical expert advice on the latest technology acquisition, implementation and optimal operation of related ICT infrastructure.
- Provide ICT/Telecommunications training to staff both at headquarters and the Regions and Branches
- Management of in-house ICT assets inventory, including the deployment status and readiness of all ICT hardware
- Establish preventive maintenance practices and control systems to ensure that all ICT equipment are in proper repair and optimal working condition
- Draft specifications and establish performance standards for ICT hardware/software services; recommend corrective operational measures to improve quality and performance
- Set up equipment for end-user, perform or ensure proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software and oversee the daily performance of computer systems
- Review technical manuals, conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems, provide technical support and also monitor computers updates and license renewals
- Service and maintain IT equipment
- Maintain HF and VHF radio to ensure proper functionality
- Provide support for KRCS staff on enterprise application needs
- Create and maintain security and user role protocols for the enterprise systems, ensuring users have proper access based on their functional roles at KRCS.
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent qualifications plus Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) qualification
- Over three (3) years’ experience in the development and installation of computer hardware systems including customisation of integrated software programmes
- Thorough knowledge of computer hardware and software requirements including data and computer security systems
- Ability to identify user needs, information data sources, data types and application requirements and develop and implement effective training programmes
- Experience in providing support in a network environment with emphasis on peripherals such as Network equipment, printers, copiers and projectors
- Experience for setting up information systems and networked applications and office automation systems
- Experience in supporting Microsoft Dynamics NAV is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of hardware/software installation and ability to make minor adjustments to equipment.
- Ability to train professional and clerical staff in routine systems use.
- Ability to resolve basic hardware/software problems and develop simple query programs to retrieve information from data base
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/careers to reach us not later than 5th August 2022; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
Kenya Red Cross Society is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment