Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Save the Children International Kenya- Mandera Office, has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Food, Livelihood and Security (FSL) officer. The post holder will ensure the effective and efficient implementation activities directly related to cash and voucher based programme. The Project Officer will contribute to enhancing the capacity of the Food Security & Livelihoods team to ensure interventions are timely and of the desired quality and take lead in gathering quality information on the household economies of targeted households, by participating in data collection and assisting with information analysis and report writing, and subsequently to provide technical input into the development, monitoring and evaluation of food security activities.
Contract Duration: 9 Months
No of Vacancies: 1
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree standard, preferable in a discipline such as social sciences, agriculture, community development or other discipline relevant to rural livelihoods.
- At least 3-year relevant project work experience in an international NGO or similar organization.
- Good technical knowledge of policy and practice in the field of livelihoods, crop and livestock production as well as other cross cutting issues
- An understanding of child rights and their protection and fulfilment in the development context.
- Knowledge of participatory rural appraisal;
- Good communication, presentation, training and report writing skills.
- Ability to take a proactive approach in community capacity building, either directly or through facilitation of suitable support and experience in leading a team in fieldwork with communities.
- Willing to work in isolated rural areas with basic living conditions, and work in difficult field conditions.
- Knowledge of local language.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
- Computer literate in word processing and excel packages.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Deadline: 5 Aug 2022 – 23:59 EAT
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.