Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About TopUp Mama
TopUp Mama is a venture-backed technology company operating in Kenya and Nigeria. Our mission is to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. We are building tools that enable small and medium restaurants to access affordable fresh and dry products. Restaurants need more than an efficient supply chain. We envision a world where the average African restaurant can access the digital and financial tools needed to grow.
TopUp Mama is seeking a Demand Planner who will be responsible for forecasting demand of key products and business lines. Using statistical modelling techniques and qualitative data, the Demand Planner will work closely with the supply planners and logistics teams to track purchase order execution, distribution of orders from distribution centers to customers, and forecasts by SKU, customer and supplier. They will also provide visibility into product availability, inventory costs, and days of supply(DOS) for key suppliers.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for innovation in supply chain and is able to run the day-to-day operations while improving them. We need a Demand Planner who can bring us from 0 to 1, so getting your hands dirty will be important.
- Responsible for the development and management of forecasting for account categories, including the impact of company strategies, such as promotional sales and new products
- Understands the dynamics of assigned supplier categories and items, including seasonality, competitive activity, trends, sales objectives, sales drivers and life cycles
- Collaborates closely with supply chain, warehouses and logistics team to execute supply chain processes
- Works closely with supply planner to ensure proper stock levels and allocation for promotional and seasonal items, collaborate with suppliers on demand plan to effectively increase fill rate
- Identifies and resolves out-of-stock issues, focusing on minimising shortage occurrences through analysis of data and review of safety stock levels
- Utilises system-generated reports to determine priorities and areas of opportunity and to confirm/communicate results. Creates ad hoc reporting when needed.
- Responsible for purchasing from the assigned major supplier and working with supply planners to track purchase order execution and distribution of inventory from distribution centers to customers
- Works with suppliers and account managers in determining clones for new item forecasts, providing clone options and historical sales patterns.
- Makes purchases from the assigned major supplier and works with supply chain managers to track purchase order execution and distribution of inventory from distribution centers to stores.
- Works with supplier base using supplier scorecards to resolve chronic issues such as Lead Time, Fill Rate, Data Quality, Cost Accuracy, Etc. to ensure a world-class customer experience.
- Support the company’s long-term strategy and inventory reduction while maintaining high Customer Service Level metrics
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience in retail/wholesale planning
- Experience with inventory management and order purchasing practices
- Experience in statistical modelling techniques and concepts of forecasting
- Comfortability with analysing and reporting data to inform decision-making
- At least one year of direct, indirect, and/or cross-functional team leadership
- Takes initiative to identify operational issues and implement solutions quickly
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Master’s degree in supply chain or MBA
- Supply chain/logistics certification (i.e., P.Log, CSCMP or APICS)
- Experience analysing data to perform root cause analysis, ROI, and cost-benefit analysis
- Experience in negotiating operational aspects of business and understanding company-wide impact (e.g., delivery lead time, purchasing minimums, costs).
- Experience in a start-up, especially focused on supply chain and/or FMCG products
Why TopUp Mama
We are venture-backed and growing fast! We launched last year and are already serving more than 3,000 restaurants, hotels and cafeterias in Nigeria and Kenya. You have the opportunity to grow alongside this company. We believe that:
- Our team should grow as fast as the company. If you do well, you will have every opportunity to accelerate your career
- If we win, our team should win. Company shares are a key part of the compensation for all mid-senior hires
- Speed is a Virtue. We make decisions quickly and are not afraid of failing. We prioritise learning by doing
- Everyone is an owner of their work. We do not micromanage, only challenge. We let you own your domain and drive your work independently.
If that sounds exciting then TopUp Mama may be the perfect place for you. But, TopUp Mama is not for everyone:
- We are an early-stage start-up. It may be chaotic at times with shifting priorities.
- This is not a 9-5 job. This is a whatever it takes to get it done job
- This is not where we will tell you exactly what to do. You will be expected to manage your work to achieve the outcomes
- We love being around our customers. If you enjoy sitting behind a desk all day, this may not be the best place for you.