Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of this position is to support National Office People & Culture functions on integrated People and Culture solutions including workforce planning, performance management, succession and talent development, employee well-being and leadership development.
- Advise and facilitate P&C services and organizational development interventions in the national offices to enhance organizational performance and individual effectiveness in achieving the overall mission and goals of World Vision National offices by ensuring alignment of NO P&C processes, systems, policies and procedures with Global and regional strategy and structure to increase productivity and delivery of services to the poor.
- Coordinate the regional talent, leadership development and capacity building initiatives in collaboration with the People and Culture Directors of World Vision National Offices.
- Design, monitor systems and processes to monitor P&C performance in the region, capture best and innovative practices and advice P&C Director on follow up actions.
- Establish networks with internal and external partners for branding P&C practices in East Africa Region.
P&C Strategy and Business Plan – 10%
- Contribute to the development of regional P&C strategy, priorities and annual plan in support of and in alignment with Global P&C strategic priorities.
- Support the National Offices in developing effective P&C strategies and business plans appropriate to their context in alignment with the regional and global P&C strategies and priorities.
Technical Support – 20%
- Provide technical leadership, support and guidance to National Offices in the area of P&C ensuring compliance to the systems, standards, policies and guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance in organization analysis, planning, design & capacity building, reward management, performance management, employee engagement, training and policy review.
- Ensure alignment of National Office P&C practices, policies and procedures to WVI P&C strategy, policies, practices and procedures.
- Collaborate with the P&C team in guiding and monitoring the implementation of regional P&C initiatives in National Offices.
Succession and Talent Management – 15%
- Facilitate the Region wide Succession Planning Strategy integrated with leadership development and talent audit.
- Develop and implement a structured approach to talent management in the Regional Office focused on tracking and development opportunities for key talent.
- Coordinate Regional talent development program and development centre, senior executive talent advisory counselling and coaching support.
- Drive the design, delivery, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on implementation of specialized modules for identified high potential talent.
- Provide technical support to NO in the implementation of their talent management planning strategies, systems and guidelines. Support to introduce a structured approach and work plan for talent management.
Leadership & Capacity Development – 15%
- Develop review & update region-wide L&D guidelines based on leadership in four domains model of leadership.
- Deliver a coordinated staff and leadership development process across the region.
- Implement a development framework focused on leadership, general business capabilities, & skills required at each stage of leadership; provide vehicles to maximize success (eg. Methodology includes virtual or actual development center, blended learning, training, targeted secondment, career planning).
- Research development best practices (NGO/non-NGO) and construct business case for proposed new programs with a focus on front line staff.
- Ensure linkage within the region to performance management, talent selection and learning.
- In consultation with key stakeholders, develop a capacity development strategy that is needs-based and aligned with ICD framework.
- Facilitate the competency self-assessment of front-line staff in collaboration with the GC ICD Team as well as NO Operations and P&C units.
People & Culture Analytics– 15%
- Support National offices and coordinate in P&C Scorecard, Work force planning, Performance management bell curve assessment, diversity targets, Our People systems management, Our Voice survey and action plan implementation.
- Develop and maintain a regional data base for P&C, monitor the trends and patterns in the National offices and advice the Regional P&C Director on follow up actions.
Knowledge Management – 10%
- Support continuous learning through documentation of successful P&C models and practices in East Africa region.
- Facilitate mutual learning between National Offices within East Africa Region and between regions by disseminating best practices in P&C.
- Contribute to establishment and use of regional data bases and e-resources including regional good practices relating to P&C as part of wider knowledge management strategy.
- Facilitate the documentation of best practices and contribute to the community of practice and center of excellence.
Internal and External Coordination – 10%
- Establish networks and alliances with external partners (P & C consulting firms, educational institutions, professional associations, International Organizations, NGOs, etc.) for the purpose of branding and enhancing P&C practices in East Africa.
- Participate and actively contribute in the partnership forums, working Groups and networks related to P&C as deemed necessary by regional leadership.
- Collaborate with support services, regional lines of ministry, sectors and themes and other functions to ensure complementarities and effective integration within wider ministry of World Vision in the region.
- Carry out any other work assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience
Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology, Org. Leadership or Org. Development or any relevant field.
Technical Training qualifications required: P & C Professional certification
Additional Work Experience
- At least three years related People & Culture experience in an NGO
- Minimum of at least 5 years’ experience in all areas of P&C management and staff development
- Senior HR generalist with experience of working in a regional/ global environment
- Has had project administration experience in a global context
- Learning & development facilitation and auditing skills
- Knowledge and/or experience of implementing talent management, diversity & inclusion programs at major organizations
- Direct experience in facilitating organizational change and P&C interventions
- Experience with work force planning models or systems
- Training design, delivery & measuring impact skills
- Direct experience in working with multicultural teams
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Strong facilitation and modules development skills
- Willing to challenge the status quo
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- passion for excellence, excellent writing and presentation skills combined with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Influencing & very good organizational abilities
- Proven ability to develop people in a cross-cultural setting is preferred
License, registration, or certification required
Must be a member of a recognized Human Resources professional body.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only