Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit two (2) Research Officers on behalf of International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). The successful candidates will have a strong background in quantitative (micro)economic analysis to work with senior research staff on issues related to agricultural development, nutrition and social protection in various countries in Africa and the Middle East. Specifically, the successful candidates will join IFPRI’s team and support the collection and analysis of surveys and other research activities related to IFPRI’s and the ONE CGIAR’s work the Middle East, Kenya and other countries.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR Research Centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
IFPRI provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition in developing countries. Established in 1975, IFPRI currently has more than 600 employees working in over 50 countries. It is a research center of CGIAR, a worldwide partnership engaged in agricultural research for development. www.ifpri.org
- Support the collection of household and agricultural data (e.g. program survey tools, recruit and assist in the training of data collection staff, organize survey logistics, monitor quality of incoming data in real-time)
- Prepare data for analysis; build large datasets from multiple sources
- Analyze data using advanced econometric methods
- Conduct literature reviews and syntheses
- Assist in drafting reports and research papers
- Assist in capacity building
- Coordinate projects and support outreach activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics or closely related fields.
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in academia, the private sector, a development-oriented research organization or comparable institution in the area of impact evaluation.
- Knowledge of microeconomic theory and applied quantitative econometric methods
- Excellent knowledge of STATA
- Excellent interpersonal skills and to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task as needed, consistently meet deadlines and manage time well
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work independently and with initiative
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
The position is on a 1-year contract.
This position is at job level HG 13 and it is only open to Kenyan nationals. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical, education and other insurances.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 3 August 2022. The position title and reference number REF: RO/ IFPRI/2022 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.