Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Job Title: Principal Legal Officer
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:
- Providing advice on legal and corporate matters to the Centre through interpretation and writing legal opinions;
- Providing secretariat services to the Board on behalf of the Managing Director;
- Developing and reviewing relevant regulatory Legal framework for the better implementation of the Centre’s mandate;
- Coordinating and ensuring representation of the Centre in courts or other judicial authorities;
- Drafting and reviewing contracts, Service Level Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, leases and other legal documents to ensure compliance to statutory requirements and the Centre’s policies;
- Liaising with the Attorney General, law enforcement agencies and stakeholders on all legal matters;
- Ensuring that Legal Audit Compliance is carried out to confirm compliance with relevant statutory requirements;
- Overseeing implementation of Mwongozo Code of Conduct at the Centre; and
- Formulating, drafting and facilitating gazettement of Legal Notices issued by the Centre.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized university;
- Masters degree in Law or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate diploma in Law from the Council of Legal Education;
- A minimum of Eight (8) years and at least three (3) experience in supervisory role in the Public or Private Sector;
- Admitted as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Current Practicing Certificate;
- Member to the Law Society of Kenya;
- Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership to Institute of Certified Public Secretary of Kenya (ICPSK);
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrable good results in work performance; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key competencies and skills
- Organization and management skills;
- Leadership and managerial skills;
- Drafting skills;
- Report writing skills;
- Negotiation skills and arbitration skills; and
- Analytical skills.
Grade: KAGRC 4
Advert Ref: KAGRC/HRA/2
Recruiment: 15th August 2022