Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Job Title: Veterinary Officer
Duties and responsibilities entail;
- Treatment of animals;
- Carrying out routine vaccination;
- Enforcing quarantine;
- Reproductive disease surveillance and lab diagnosis;
- Carrying out post mortem and vector control;
- Collecting and analysing samples;
- Ensuring adequate and quality nutrition of the animals;
- Guiding and supervising animal health and production assistants;
- Ensuring proper custody of all veterinary drugs, chemicals, vaccines and equipment;
- Carrying out semen analysis; and
- Production and transfer of embryos.
Officers will be deployed to work in Germplasm production & processing, Gene banking, Research & breeding and Extension services departments.
For appointment to this position one must have:
- Bachelors Degree in Veterinary Medicine from a recognized institution;
- Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Registered by a professional body;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Fulfil requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution;
- Proficiency in semen analysis; and
- Proficiency in production and transfer of embryos will be an added advantage.
Grade: KAGRC 6
Advert Ref: KAGRC/HRA/6
Recruiment: 15th August 2022