Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
WATU is a focus-driven, customer-centric company that believes everyone deserves the opportunity to be an entrepreneur and achieve their ambitious goals in life.
As Africa’s fastest-growing Asset Finance Company, we see the continent’s bright and prosperous future and want to be part of making it a reality.
Our vision is to provide asset financing for motorcycles and three-wheelers to those who understand when provided with the right tools can fulfill their dreams and the needs of their families and community.
We Empower Entrepreneurs by providing the means needed to move and improve lives.
Do you want to become a part of our ambitious and creative team of smart individuals and make a difference and do you have what it takes? Then read on and apply for this exciting opportunity!
Our business is growing rapidly, and with more than 150,000 customers in Kenya, we are looking for enthusiastic Human Resource Business Partners. This role (s) will be based across several regions in Kenya. We are looking for individuals who are ready to roll up their sleeves and with their hard work and dedication create the impact needed in our business and communities.
Our customers are entrepreneurs, thus as a company, we are committed to aiding them in achieving their financial goals. It is imperative that the Human Resource Business Partner be a professional who is engaged with the community we serve and is equally committed to the goals of both the company and the customers.
This role will be executed within the framework of the vision, policies, and values of Watu and the successful candidate will be expected to adapt to the fast-paced culture of both the company, the market, and the customers we serve.
The Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for formulating a partnership between management and employees to align business objectives, develop people management and leadership capability that enables leaders to create a more effective employee experience, drive employee engagement and achieve operational outcomes.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Partner with line managers in proactive talent planning, including skill gap analysis, succession planning, talent mix, and talent pipeline strategy.
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment, including clarifying hiring needs, developing job descriptions, job posting, sourcing, screening, interviewing, placement, and undertaking onboarding formalities through effective implementation of policies, processes, and tools in attracting and selecting people with competitive attributes and skills.
- Work with management to roll out offers, employment contracts, redeployment letters for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders by conducting regular meetings with respective business leads to understand the priorities, challenges, and barriers and provide the necessary support in consultation with line management.
- Collect data, organize, and analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR shared services and HR Operations teams to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Receive, review, record, escalate and track accident reporting and asset loss claims while ensuring the same is resolved within the agreed service level agreement.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line managers, including but not limited to coaching, counseling, career development, succession planning, disciplinary actions, and performance improvement plans, among other
- Partner with line managers in improving working relationships, building employee morale, increasing productivity and retention
- Partner with the HR team and or Investigations and Compliance in the management of employee relations cases within areas of responsibility to ensure timely resolution in line with statutory requirements, company policy, and best practices while mitigating risk and maintaining accurate records
- Drive implementation of new and existing HR policies, procedures, and processes through training, advisory, and interpretation to employees and line managers while providing value-adding feedback for continuous improvement
- Partner with the HR team in identifying opportunities to improve the employee value proposition and support org-wide HR initiatives
- Partner with employees, line manager, and people and culture team to identify the training needs of the assigned team
- Collect employee feedback on various HR programs to assess the effectiveness and ensure that objectives are met.
Key performance indicators
- Support, advise, coach, and facilitate employees and leadership within the HQ by having regular 1-1s and supporting the mid-year and annual reviews.
- Respond to HR-related processes queries, requests, and escalations within agreed service level agreements and in line with laid down processes
- Maintain a positive, values-based work environment by increasing the % of positive employee feedback by engaging with employees and escalating and/or resolving challenges.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify complex HR issues and craft solutions while ensuring best-in-class experience to line managers and employees throughout their work-life cycle
- Support the development, roll-out, and assess the effectiveness of HR programs as per the laid down success indicators
- Degree in Human Resources.
- Minimum of 2 years in an HR generalist role
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage fluid demands, interruptions, and priorities to balance workload and achieve objectives
People & Leadership Skills
- Must adhere to the company code of conduct
- Embraces leads and embeds change
- Must actively demonstrate the values of Watu
- Must lead, attend and participate in team meetings
- Motivates, coaches, and develops others
- Clear communication and active listening skills
- Strong Ethics and Standards.