Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
WATU is a focus-driven, customer-centric company that believes everyone deserves the opportunity to be an entrepreneur and achieve their ambitious goals in life.
As Africa’s fastest growing Asset Finance company, we see the continent’s bright and prosperous future and want to be part of making it a reality.
Our vision is to provide asset financing for motorcycles and three-wheelers to those who understand when provided with the right tools can fulfil their dreams and the needs of their families and community.
We Empower Entrepreneurs by providing the means needed to move and improve lives.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, determined, and technical Network Administrator to join our growing IT team. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting operations in the head office and branches within the framework and policies of the IT department. The Network Administrator’s position is to work with escalated infrastructure and networking tickets and solution requests that need attention, as well as to maintain system administration, network infrastructure maintenance and set up scopes. This role is critical as this individual directly affects the capabilities of smooth and continuous business operations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for support and maintenance of company computer systems. Troubleshooting problems, configuring hardware and software, implementing and adapting new tools and setups.
- Implementation and maintenance of the network infrastructure and administration of the environment – such as routers, switches, firewalls and others.
- Completing system installs and upgrades. Installing new systems and implementing upgrades as needed. Conducting consistent analyses of a company’s computer systems to determine if existing components meet the company’s needs and perform upgrades or updates as needed.
- Technical support and maintenance of the office equipment – such as printers, scanners, and peripherals.
- Support and maintenance of the local call centre system infrastructure, integration and troubleshooting in the company’s call centre system solution.
- Adjusting and setting up ICT policies and procedures for the company and departments.
- Implementation and maintenance of the network infrastructure and endpoint safety.
- Performing regular network and infrastructure reviews and assessments.
- Performing regular evaluations and reviews of the infrastructure administration and user rights, performance tests.
- Work closely with management in relevant IT project management – budgeting, pipelining, distribution of tasks, team alignment, follow ups and reports.
- Investigation and implementation of new tools and systems according to department and process needs.
- Preparation and reporting infrastructure and network data analysis and incident reports.
- Working hand in hand with the Head of IT, IT department and other involved departments as well as third parties in order to reach the set objectives.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in IT
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar role of system or network administrator or engineer
- Diploma in IT or relevant field
- Knowledge of hardware maintenance and troubleshooting technical and MS issuesHands on experience with network infrastructure and configurations, ability to troubleshoot and perform maintenance.
- Excellent skills with network cabling and assembly and set up of key network and infrastructure elements (server rack, Routers, APs, Switches, patch panels etc.)
- Extended knowledge in one of the networking technology manufacturers products (Mikrotik, Ubiquiti, Cisco etc.)
- Proficiency with Google products (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Drive), ability to use those tools for analytics and optimization of tasks and processes.
- Experience and skills with Active Directory, MS Server, Linux server, VM setups and administration
- Ability to set up and use advanced network monitoring tools (Wireshark, Zabbix, Grafana etc.)
- Understanding of methodology of IT standards and Network/data safety, Firewalls (Fortinet, Sophos)
- Experience with project management tools, such as Jira, Gitlab, Spiceworks and others will be considered as an advantage.
What we offer:
- Be a part of an international, dynamic and driven team that has set their aspirations high and work hard to achieve those
- Opportunities to learn and grow together with us
- Competitive compensation package
- Health benefits
Do you see yourself being part of the WATU team? Then please apply with your CV and a cover letter, we are looking forward to working with you!