Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Asset Management Director
About the Firm
CrossBoundary Energy (CBE) is the leading provider of clean, renewable, reliable, and affordable electricity directly to African businesses. According to World Bank data, access to reliable and affordable electricity is the most significant constraint on economic growth on the continent. CBE addresses this challenge by providing African corporates with fully financed renewable power. Through this approach, we are building a disruptive, distributed, renewable utility that can unlock sustainable growth in Africa.
We are already making rapid progress towards our vision. CBE is currently delivering a portfolio of over $200M of solar, wind, and storage projects for businesses across Africa. Our clients include Actis, Diageo, Heineken, Rio Tinto, Syrah Resources, Unilever, and other leading regional companies.
But most of our potential impact still lies ahead of us. Now CBE needs your help to convert Africa’s largest industries to cleaner, cheaper, and more reliable power. Learn more at www.crossboundaryenergy.com/energy.
CrossBoundary Energy is a member of the CrossBoundary Group, a mission-driven investment firm committed to unlocking the power of capital for sustainable growth and strong returns in underserved markets. Learn more at www.crossboundary.com.
CrossBoundary Energy is recruiting a full-time Asset Management Director to build and lead the asset management function within CBE. The pool of assets in CBE’s portfolio consists of renewable energy and hybrid power generation facilities supplying power to private off-takers across Africa. Technologies include solar PV, wind, batteries, and diesel generators. Working closely with the engineering, finance, and operation teams, the Asset Management Director will be responsible for operating and maintaining the assets to optimize system performance and maximize the return on investment over the life of the facilities. The role will also include the structuring, growing, and managing of a team in line with the growth of the portfolio.
Who We Are
The CrossBoundary Energy team is a unique group of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference in some of the most challenging and exciting markets in Africa. The chosen candidate will play an important role in a unique team with the opportunity to make a large impact on the renewable energy landscape in Africa. Team members come from diverse backgrounds but share several qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
Who You Are
- Self-starter who is passionate about clean energy and its potential to transform underserved markets in Africa
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you are effective in a fast-moving and complex environment that does not have a fixed rule book.
- A practical thinker known for choosing the simple, robust solution where more complicated approaches would deliver the same results
- Patient and skilled at training up contractors to consistently deliver excellent work
- Sound commercial judgement; independently assesses the most economical interventions
- Considers the long-term view when evaluating the costs and benefits of a potential solution
- A creative problem-solver not afraid to get their hands dirty to untangle a complex issue
- High tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to operate effectively in a changing context
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Curiosity: Eagerness to take on new types of work, even without prior experience/direct supervision
- 7+ years of relevant working experience
- Experience with operating or managing a portfolio of medium to large scale energy generation projects (thermal or solar PV) – consulting, developer, IPP, operator
- Understanding of the power system asset management environment including contracting structures, performance metrics, and guarantee structures, technical innovations, commercial and financial implications
- Understanding of key aspects that govern the configuration requirements of hybrid plants for different technologies [capex, opex, fuel efficiency curves, spinning reserve, PV oversupply, modularity, solar penetration, etc.]
- Responsible for leading and managing the overall technical and commercial performance of CBE’s operating portfolio of projects
- Manage and optimize the performance monitoring, reporting, and contract management systems at a portfolio level
- Ensure compliance of all statutory and contractual requirements for all projects in the operating portfolio
- Interface regularly and effectively with the operations and finance teams to continue improving on the systems and processes required to manage the operating portfolio
- Drive innovation with respect to hardware and software configuration (SCADA) to optimize plant performance and efficient management, invoicing, and reporting
- Provide commissioning support to the project delivery teams to facilitate effective handover from delivery to operation
- Continue to evaluate and assess the O&M contracting strategy to optimize cost and performance (i.e., Regional O&M portfolios, outsource vs insource)
Think you have what it takes but are not sure you check every box? Research shows that while men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women often only apply when they meet every requirement. If you’re passionate about what we’re building, we want to hear from you!
Candidates will join our team in Nairobi, Kenya (flexible)
Equal Opportunity Employer
CrossBoundary is an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
Interested candidates should apply at https://www.crossboundary.com/careers/.