Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Requisition ID: req29299
Job Title: Instructional Designer
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Ready to join an organization that really walks the talk? The mission of the Talent Management team is to take the IRC’s people to the next level. The team is responsible for improving the effectiveness of IRC staff by providing tools, processes, and standards for effective performance management, onboarding and orientation, staff and leadership development, and quality individual and team learning.
We are looking for a Lead Instructional Designer for eLearning who has an entrepreneurial approach and is passionate about making learning an invigorating and empowering experience. Does that sound like you? Please read on! In this critical new role, you will work with subject matter experts within our team and across the organization to develop high-quality and engaging eLearning experiences to reinforce broader learning, or as stand-alone bite-sized learning. You will be responsible for the complete project cycle from initial engagement and ideas generation with internal customers and subject matter experts, through design and iteration of the content, to the point of deployment or communication to staff, and ongoing monitoring, maintenance, and upkeep of resources produced. If you would like to have the opportunity to really leave your mark, we would love to hear from you!
As Lead Instructional Designer, you will:
• Work with TM leadership to advise on how instructional design can support strategic objectives
• Engage subject matter experts to identify the target audience’s learning needs.
• Analyze presenting needs to identify the root cause and ensure learning and training are appropriate solutions
• Determine the best mode of delivery for the content based on learning needs, adult learning theory, technology infrastructure, and in consultation with internal clients.
• Write clear instructional performance objectives and build content that matches them.
• Analyze and apply standard methodologies in learning technologies and instructional design.
• Create engaging micro learning materials/media, including audio, video, interactive eLearning modules, simulations, role-plays, games, printable job aids, etc.
• Design and implement follow-up activities to strengthen and sustain knowledge gained and skills developed from training programs and courses.
• Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the transfer and impact of the learning.
• Use established project management tools and processes to drive forward the process of crafting the materials/media and keeping them on schedule
• Collaborate with the LMS administrator to configure learning products on the organization’s LMS.
• Continuously evaluate and reshape existing content for changing needs.
• Maintain project documentation and course folders.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to Deputy Director, Talent Management
Position Directly Supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: May also report to a Project Lead based on assigned work and collaborate with the Communications and Learning Specialist, who also has instructional design responsibilities
• 5+ years of instructional design experience, including micro learning.
• In-depth knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional design models.
• Expertise in eLearning authoring and design tools, such as Articulate 360, Vyond, and Adobe Illustrator.
• Demonstrated ability in developing engaging and effective micro-learning experiences.
• Experience in instructional design for audiences of varying ages, experience, language proficiency, and cultural background.
• Experience with Performance Consulting is a strong plus
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently
• Proficient with standard office support tools and platforms (MS Office Suite; Teams; BOX; etc.)
• Fluent English written and verbal communication skills.
• Fluency in French, Arabic, or Spanish is a strong plus.
• Experience working in a non-Western work environment or with learners from non-Western locations is a strong plus
Working Environment: Standard office environment; Significant time working at a computer terminal
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way -Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, tribe, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.