Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
National cereals and Produce Board (NCPB) is a State Corporation registered under Chapter 338 of the Laws of Kenya whose mandate includes buying, storing, selling, importing, exporting or otherwise acquiring and disposing of maize and other select grain; distributing fertiliser and other agricultural inputs; providing various post-harvest grain management services; and maintaining the national food reserves, among other activities.
NCPB would like to recruit externally, management trainees who are bachelor degree holders with a maximum of 7 years since they graduated from duly-recognised universities. The recruited persons will be considered for permanent terms of employment if they complete successfully a six-month probationary cum induction period to be considered for the below-indicated jobs:
Officer II Marketing- (Job Grade C1)
Job Purpose (Role)
Reporting to the Senior Officer, Marketing, the jobholder shall be responsible for contributing to the overall achievement of corporate sales targets through sales expansion via new customer acquisitions, retention and enhanced customer activities.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Executes selling strategy for given business plans.
- Prospects identifies and qualifies new business.
- Visits outlets/points of sale to ensure the Board’s products are well displayed and generate orders.
- Manages activities of sales representatives and commission agents to ensure the performance of assigned duties, supervises and coordinates sales.
- Handles external correspondences relating to marketing queries and carries out debt collection to realize sales revenue and liaises with other internal functions to promote events and other key communications.
- Develops and implements a customer retention plan, through maintenance of a well-updated customer data bank and continually prepares and submits weekly and monthly reports relating to sales and marketing activities to the supervisor.
- Conducts market research to monitor competition and customer behaviour and monitors and reports on products and package counterfeits.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or other business-related fields
- Police Clearance Certificate (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance Certificate or Statement
- A Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- A clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
How to Apply
Applications together with a CV (that includes notable achievements, work experience (if any), qualifications, names of two referees (preferably not relatives or friends), telephone contact and email address, copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates as well as relevant testimonials should be sent to the following address:
The Managing Director
National Cereals and Produce Board
P.O. BOX 30586 – 00100
The envelope marked Ref: NCPB/MD/022/2 should be received no later than 4th August 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that NCPB adheres to the National Values and Principles of Governance and the Public Service Values and Principles as per Article 10 (2) and 252 of the Constitution respectively, in its employment processes. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.