Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organisation with an exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi coordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania, and Djibouti.
Under the direct management of the Head of ICT Region Africa South & Central in Nairobi, the mission of the ICT Regional Engineer is to independently design, install, maintain, and ensure the optimal performance of complex ICT systems in a broad area of responsibility.
The incumbent provides regional-level support for project’s conception, deployments, compliance, training, tests and can cover ICT staffing shortages in the region whenever necessary.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribute independently to the definition, documentation and support of the transition of new standards related to IT and telecommunications infrastructure;
- Independently lead the installations, maintenance and adaptation of large complex IT and telecommunications infrastructure projects according to ICRC standards;
- Monitor ICT installations in the region and in consultation with the Regional Manager and ICT
- Coordinators, take appropriate action to ensure that they are up and running and that policies and procedures are followed;
- Test ICT services and infrastructure (hardware and software) to ensure optimal performance and compliance, as well as Pilots or Proofs of Concept;
- Provide expert-level technical support and training on ICT issues in the region;
- Interlocutor to business units on the adaptation of the ICT solutions or services to the operational needs of ICRC. Dialogs with external partners on those solutions;
- Under the supervision of the Head of ICT Region, involved in the regional files like project’s conception, feasibility, implementation, ICT compliance checks, verifications and follow-up, ICT Field training organization, etc.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Master of Science, Engineering degree or equivalent work experience in electronics, computer science, telecommunications or similar field;
- At least 2 years of relevant equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as ICT Specialist (Junior ICT Engineer) or equivalent previous experience;
- 1 year of people management experience is a strong asset;
- Certification in project management or Agile is an asset;
- Systems and network certifications (CCNA, Windows Server etc);
- ICT management certification (ITIL) is an asset;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French is required. Additional language(s) an asset;
- Proven strong competencies in Enterprise-grade Networking technologies (wired, Wireless, TCP/IP protocols, switching, PB-routing, SD-WAN, SD-LAN, etc.);
- Abreast of new technologies development (IoT, M2M, LEO/MEO satellite terminals, Cloud architectures, etc.)
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 05th August 2022 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
– Application Link
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference REGIONAL ICT ENGINEER must be stated in the application to be valid. Suppose you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents. In that case, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.