Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Reporting to the Head of Program Management Unit (PMU), the Performance Manager will set up the performance systems for the program in regards to M&E, Reporting, Finance and Risk Management; and ensure they are embedded in National Societies. The position holder will manage the Finance Coordinator and the PMER/IM Officer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Programme Performance and Operation Oversight:
- Set up performance monitoring systems at both National Societies and consortium levels.
- Coordinate strategic planning, implementation and monitoring of Africa CDC programmes and operations to ensure a coherent approach to delivery/ implementation
- Lead IFRC support to Lead National Societies in coordinating programmes and operations, and engagement with recipient National Societies, IFRC and other internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that the team responsible for programmes and operations works closely with relevant technical units of Africa and MENA regions throughout the programming cycle to facilitate a synergetic effort to programmes and operations.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to IFRC personnel in implementing and monitoring Africa FCDC Programme to ensure the application of the lead applicants’ policies, frameworks, procedures, standards, guidelines and methodologies in programme delivery
- Lead the process of effective, timely and comprehensive reporting to Master Card Foundation (and any other additional back donors) in collaboration with the respective technical colleagues in National Societies and the IFRC PMU.
- Promote and engage in systematic monitoring and evaluation of the AfCDC Programme to ensure that implementation is timely, relevant, effective and in line with contractual obligations and to contribute to the identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned for organizational sharing and learning.
- Ensure that the team responsible for PMER/IM and Finance prepares accurate and timely monthly operational highlights, quarterly updates on operations and annual updates on operations as well as delivers inputs for standard reports.
- Ensure that all the Lead Applicant and IFRC sub-contracted sub-recipient have continuous access to technical advice and guidance to support implementation and quality assurance, including backstopping for technical leads as may be required.
- Provide leadership and coordination for performance management and improvement, ensuring their alignment to improving the programmes operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ensure AfCDC Programme efforts to ensure that performance management and improvement for the programme are developed, implemented, and managed using a data-driven approach that sets priorities for improvements in line with ongoing program objectives.
- Deliver and continuously improve programme’s monitoring and reporting working closely with teams across the PMU and National Societies to meet the reporting needs.
- In close collaboration with the technical teams in respective offices in Africa and MENA, support National Societies and PMU to ensure ongoing alignment between the organisational approach to performance monitoring & planning and AfCDC Programme
- Support the lead National Societies in setting up systems to facilitate effective and quality reporting, monitoring and evaluation of the programme.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Programme Financial Management
- Responsible and accountable for the overall day-to day management and coordination of programme and operations, including assuming budget holder responsibilities, ensuring sound planning and financial management in accordance with Master Card Foundation and IFRC Policies and practices.
- Ensure that budgeting, financial monitoring and financial reporting are managed in line with the requirements of IFRC, Master Card Foundation and other donors (where applicable)
- Working with the Finance Coordinator, regularly monitor partner expenditures to ensure compliance with project workplans and grant agreements,
- Ensure that all financial plans and reports are developed and submitted to high quality standards and on time (e.g. annual planned spend, budget by objective, multi-annual requests, requests for changes, donor reports, quarterly forecasts etc.).
- Support the Finance Coordinator to make regular visits to NS for purposes of expenditure verification and validation.
- Inform the Head of Programme Management Unit of financial management risks or abuses in good time.
- Facilitate and support AfCDC Programme at both IFRC and National Societies to identify potential risks and develop appropriate initiatives to mitigate programme risks
- Support the lead applicants to maintain, update, and facilitate the review of the consortium risk registers
- Work with the lead applicant National Societies to ensure a consistent approach to risk management is utilised across all the implementing partners in the consortium
- Facilitate regular risk discussions at PMU at IFRC and with lead applicants.
- In collaboration with technical counterparts at Africa Region and MENA provide guidance and training on risk management to Lead Applicants on critical risk areas and support the development of effective risk mitigation action plans.
- In collaboration with technical counterparts at Africa Region and MENA provide support, education, and training to staff to build risk awareness within the PMU and National societies.
- Assist in preparation of risk reports and risk registers for stakeholders (internal and external) within the IFRC PMU level
- Follow up on actions from the risk management discussions at IFRC PMU and Lead Applicants.
Human Resources Management
- Line manage all staff that include Finance Coordinator and PMER/IM Officers staff
- Promote a culture of continuous learning, individual and team accountability by setting individual and team objectives, monitoring team performance and conducting timely performance reviews.
- Ensure that team members understand their roles and have clearly defined objectives.
- Lead and motivate team members ensuring they make an effective contribution to the delivery of the programme.
- Ensure that staff are supported to develop their skills and capacities in line with their aspirations and the needs of the programme.
- Support recruitment of new PMER/IM Officers and finance staff and consultants.
- Support lead applicants to recruit relevant staff, as required.
- Relevant university education or an equivalent of qualifying experience. Required
- Post-graduate qualification in management or leadership. Preferred
- Basic Delegates Training Course (BTC), WORC, IMPACT or equivalent knowledge. Required
- At least 7 years working experience in the humanitarian or development sector. Required
- Prior work in a membership organization in roles that include member capacity development. Preferred
- Management and supervisory experience in a multicultural environment. Required
- Experience in coordinating with the authorities and other humanitarian/development actors. Required
- Experience in narrative and financial reporting and proposal writing. Required
- Experience in the Africa region. Required
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Understanding of Africa Context – humanitarian landscape, needs and opportunities. Required
- Self-supporting in computers (Email, Internet, spread sheets, word-processing, etc.) . Required
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with stakeholders at all levels. Required
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including ability to lead within a matrix management structure and utilize talents/experience of team members in a productive way. Required
- Results-oriented, demand driven, entrepreneurial, ability to lead in unprecedented and/or ambiguous situations. Required
- Demonstrated track record in innovating, contributing to a learning culture, sharing knowledge and promoting new approaches to engaging partners. Required
- Good understanding/practice of planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting issues. Required
- Understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk management, and effective internal controls. Required
- Understanding of opportunities and constraints for sustainable development. Required
- Outstanding networking, representational, communication and negotiation skills. Required
- Proven good judgment and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality. Required
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels. Required
- Programme and project management skills. Required
- Ability to work within and lead multi-cultural, multilingual, and multidisciplinary teams. Required
Competencies and Values
- Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
- Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust