Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
FUNDS MANAGER ( Shorterm Contract )
The Tusome Early Grade Reading Activity in Kenya is a basic education initiative, implemented by RTI International, to improve the reading skills of the approximately 5.4 million individual Kenyan children in Grades 1-3. In support of this objective, RTI is increasing the grant funding to 23 youth organizations working in over 20,000 villages across Kenya. During the current school year, the grantees will support quality education through intensive youth-led and youth managed activities. This position will be responsible for the administration, management, and monitoring of this project component. The programming will be very rapid, with implementation and closeout expected to be completed by the end of October 2022. Regular communication with each youth group will be required to ensure that the work stays on track and is completed within the tight time frame. The work will involve close coordination with other members of RTI’s technical, contractual, and administrative units.
- Responsible for the management of partners engaged through grant or other contractual mechanisms per RTI policies and procedures, encompassing the solicitation phase through closure.
- Provide capacity building training to local organization including guidance on rules and regulations applicable to assistance instruments and program reporting and/or coordinate technical training with appropriate team members
- Carry out the monitoring plan and conduct site visits to ensure that grantees are compliant with award specific requirements and applicable USAID regulations and on track with milestones deliverables
- Maintain grant files including records on monitoring and evaluation and other quality control activities (financial, programmatic, proof of performance)
- Work with communications team to ensure there are photos and other media content to report on success stories and other updates from youth groups.
- In coordination with the Grants Officer, review grantee invoices for compliance and coordination with technical teams for performance measurement
- Close-out completed grants and ensure audit trail for all necessary grant documentation
- Track all deliverables, ensuring grantees stay up to date on their work, troubleshoot problems as they arise, and keep management apprised of the status of all youth grants.
- Master’s degree in a field related to the social sciences, finance, or business from an accredited university and 9 years of relevant experience in grants management/administration and international development projects, or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 12 years of relevant experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A proven ability to work collaboratively with youth and/or institutional partners and experience implementing grant activities designed to support development goals
- At least 8 years relevant experience in USAID grants management/administration and international development projects in Kenya or East Africa
- Strong background in management and administration, finance, compliance, and accounting is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience providing training and developing capacity building/sustainability plans for local organizations
- Solid knowledge of USAID and USG assistance-related regulations (2CFR200, 22 CFR 228, ADS 303, ADS 591)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Fluency in English (both oral and written)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
You must be logged in to post a comment.