Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
ADVERTISEMENT: T4D TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
As part of Save the Children’s global 2022-2024 strategic plan, the Kenya Country office has identified digital innovation/transformation as a priority for programming success and to achieve greater impact for children. Digital transformation in our programmes is one of ten priorities and the Kenya country office is becoming a centre of expertise within the organisation. Save the Children globally has digital programming task teams whose role is to transform programming and operations within the organization through the use of digital technology and innovation.
The T4D Specialist will work very closely with the digital team in country to promote and explore innovative approaches, introduce T4D elements to deliver greater quality programmes and impact for children in Save the Children Kenya Country Office; including but not limited to – ensuring that technology is always incorporated into proposal design, adopting and/or adapting existing innovation or technology products and services in programming; building partnerships and networks with innovation and technology partners, to build or enhance SCI Innovation and IT4D capacity, capability and knowledge to deliver programmes for children.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Technical Leadership (30%)
- Support the development and implementation of the Kenya digital innovations strategy in relation to the country strategy.
- Develop a network of innovation and T4D collaborators within the country, including private sector, research institutions, innovation hubs and humanitarian & development partners for growth of digital initiatives in the country office
- Monitor digital innovation trends, policy and legal maturation , funding opportunities and share key insights
- Ensure that Save the Children Kenya’s digital innovations programming work is visible on all relevant platforms and amongst the organization’s stakeholders and that learnings are shared on a regular basis.
Programme Quality (design, implementation and scaling) (25%)
- Research opportunities and support in the development of proposals for funding to ensure that digital innovations in programme design and proposal / bid development.
- Take lead in providing technical support to all pilot and scale up programs with a digital component whilst documenting the successes and lessons learnt.
- Contribute to the design and roll out of all pilots and scale up programs collaborating closely with the PDQ (MEAL, Technical and BD teams), Operations and Awards teams.
- Contribute in the identification of technological and innovative solutions to identified programmatic and operational challenges
- Work closely with IT Department in the development of roll-out plans and smooth take-up of trouble-shooting support for T4D solutions introduced.
- Provide support for the development/updating of donor materials related to innovation fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate with technical experts and Programme Managers to develop and design solutions with high potential for impact and scale, in line with contextual needs and gaps.
- Collaborate with PDQ (MEAL, Technical and BD teams), Operations and Awards colleagues to improve organisational learning and engagement with partners and communities, which can be utilised to identify challenges, identify grass-roots ideas and drive innovations and learning.
Programme Quality (Evidence and Impact) (25%)
- Work with the Centre of Excellence and other innovation teams in the organization globally to share approaches, and learning on innovation and obtain support wherever necessary
- Work with Save the Children T4D Community of Practice (CoP) to facilitate sharing of knowledge and learning of how technology is being used in programs, and to identify new solutions;
- Support innovation knowledge sharing across the Save the Children movement by capturing and sharing best practices, success stories and lessons learned
- Support the documentation of the country office digital innovations and contribute to the global T4D catalogue/tracker ensuring that all Kenya country office’s innovations are updated in the catalogue.
- Support the rollout of the digital library of best practices – to support in program design
Staff capacity building (20%)
- Develop a plan for staff capacity building on T4D and for any computer-based support that may be required.
- Coordinate capacity building initiatives, bringing in the right partner support to provide training, and ensuring the right people in the CO receive the training needed to better foster innovation;
- Organise and facilitate workshops in the CO as needed, in order to implement digital transformation.
- Provide support to staff in the CO as needed (targeted working sessions, coaching and problem-solving).
- Identify and manage interdependencies with other key operational and strategic initiatives across Save the Children with particular emphasis on PMM-PRIME, rolling out.
Contract Duration: 2 years
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Location: Nairobi
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
This position will demand a highly innovative, motivated, and energetic individual who will be able to solve challenges, communicate effectively and bring others along with them on Save the Children Kenya’s Digital Innovations.
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical field (e.g. IT, science or engineering) or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in a humanitarian and/ or development contexts in issues relating to innovations, technology, telecommunications and digital services
- At least 5 years of experience in programme / project management in a global, cross-cultural environment
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully.
- Excellent business partnering, communication and relationship building skills.
- Thorough – high attention to detail and takes pride in delivering accurate, high quality work. Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including child safeguarding.
- Experience in designing and implementing complex projects in diverse thematic areas.
- Experience in working in international settings/contexts.
- Experience in designing business processes would be an advantage
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Deadline: 9 Aug 2022 – 23:59 EAT
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.