Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
JOB REF: SMCC/09 – SENIOR MANAGER CORPORATE COMMUNICATION
JOB TITLE Senior Manager Corporate Communication
DIRECTORATE Directorate of Corporate Services
DEPARTMENT Corporate Communication
GRADE/LEVEL IRA 3
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director Corporate Services
TERMS OF SERVICE Five (5) years Contract renewable subject to performance
a) Job Purpose
Senior Manager, Corporate Communication is responsible for establishing and maintaining IRA’s positive reputation and brand image through effective corporate communication strategies and practices, media management, stakeholder engagement, corporate social responsibility, creating brand personality and events management. The position is also responsible for developing and implementing strategies aimed at enhancing and maintaining service delivery and good customer experience.
b) Job Specifications
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership, advice and direction in the implementation and realization of the Authority’s corporate communication and customer service needs;
- Lead in the design, development and management of the Authority’s Corporate Communications, Service delivery and experience agenda to ensure objectives are aligned with the Authority’s strategic agenda;
- Provide innovative and creative leadership in the areas of Corporate Communication, Media Relations and Management, Crisis Communication, Customer Service and Experience and Service delivery among others;
- Promote and facilitate research in corporate communication and innovative customer service Corporate Communication initiatives to keep abreast with emerging customer needs and expectations;
- Develop and execute Communication Strategies and programs to support business decisions and overall implementation of the Strategic Plan to enable the Authority respond and address its internal and external stakeholders’ needs and expectations;
- Formulate, implement and manage the Authority’s Media Relations Plans and lead in message development to “tell the Authority’s story” in alignment with its mandate and strategic objectives while also constantly monitoring the media;
- Develop and foster the implementation of Customer Relations Strategies for enhanced customer experience, value addition, and customer satisfaction;
- Coordinate the development, implementation and review of the Authority’s service charter to ensure delivery of quality service and enhanced customer experience;
- Develop and execute the Authority’s corporate image and brand strategy in alignment with corporate objectives;
- Oversee content development, management, and dissemination for traditional and digital media channels for increased and sustained brand positioning, publicity, and robust stakeholder engagement;
- Coordinate the development and execution of Crisis Communication Processes and Plans to maintain a positive reputation and brand value/image;
- Design, develop and manage the Authority’s media and publicity campaigns across various platforms and media for enhanced brand value, reputation, visibility, and sustained stakeholder engagement;
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Corporate Social Responsibility Policy and Plans to address the emerging and long-term needs of the citizens within the Authority’s business environment;
- Oversee the implementation of the Stakeholder Engagement strategy to effectively engage in lobbying and advocacy programs, establish and maintain strategic corporate partnerships and alliances for the realization of the Authority’s mandate;
- Oversee design, development, production and dissemination of Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials, various publications, visibility products, reports, briefs for various audiences across assorted platforms, including for persons living with disabilities for enhanced understanding and inclusion;
- Coordinate regular research and surveys in brand communication, service delivery and proactively obtain market trends and insights on brand value and customer satisfaction levels;
- Conceptualize, design and oversee the execution and management of all corporate events in support of achieving organizational mandate and corporate visibility;
- Oversee development, implementation and review of the Directorate’s annual budgets, annual work plans, procurement and disposal plan in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations;
- Ensure compliance and direct the implementation of the Risk Management Policy Framework; and support the CEO in ensuring that the framework is integrated in the day-to-day activities of the Authority;
- Undertake performance management, training and development, coaching and mentoring for all staff within the department.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Implement, and track the impact of the Authority’s communication plans and programmes to ensure effectiveness and improvement.
- Establish a media database and initiate partnerships with media organizations and journalists; interact and pitch stories/op-eds of interest; organize media field visits and sensitization of reporters and editors.
- Lead in the identification and mitigation of IRA communications challenges and risks
- Oversee the implementation of management of departmental day to day activities
- Oversee development of the Corporate Communication Department Performance Contract (PC)
- Oversee the maintenance and well representation of IRA’s brand manual and corporate image
- Lead in the performance appraisal and identification of skill gaps and training needs of the staff in the Department
- Appraise the Corporate Communication Department staff
- Coordinate preparation of quarterly and annual departmental performance reports on implementation of the strategic plan, performance contract and operational/annual work plans
- Ensure compliance with the department’s standard operating procedures
- Plan, prepare and execute stakeholder and publicity activities in furtherance of the Authority’s mandate.
- Provide backstopping and share information on all corporate communication, customer service and service delivery activities.
- Participate in joint financial sector regulator forums
- Initiate training, nurturing and mentoring of all departmental officers
- Masters Degree in Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations or any other approved equivalent;
- Bachelors degree in Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations or any other approved equivalent qualifications from a recognized University/Institution;
- Possess twelve (12) years experience in Communications or relevant field, eight (8) years of which should be in a Management position
- Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks
Management Course lasting not less four (4) weeks
- Member of a relevant professional body
- Supervisory Course for not less than two (2) weeks;
- Possess a certificate in Computer proficiency
- Meet the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Competencies and skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication and reporting skills;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills;
- Strong organization and interpersonal skill;
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills;
- Conflict management; and
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi-task.
Terms of Offer:
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be delivered at the Insurance Regulatory Authority (Registry Section) at Zep-Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g “REF:DS/01” for Director Supervision). Alternatively, they may be sent by post or email to:
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
EMAIL : email@example.com
Applications must be received not later than Thursday 18th August, 2022 at 5.00 pm.
In accordance with The Employment (Amendment) Act, 2022, the Authority will require candidates it wishes to enter into a written contract of service with to comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution by submitting mandatory compliance and clearance certificates from the relevant entities.
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.