Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Area Manager responsible for coordination of teams through planning and managing the work to be carried out by staff and contractors. The position will also be responsible for
overseeing network operations, service delivery and projects at the regional level.
• General maintenance of the fibre network, network nodes and 4G infrastructure in his/her designated area.
• Manage teams in the region through allocation of duties, follow up of field assignments, reviews of tickets, coordinate contractors and expedite fault recovery.
• Proactive management of nodes and access network through stringent routine prevention maintenance of power and air conditioning equipment, inspection, and preventive maintenance of both underground and
overhead optic fibre network.
• Liaise with roads authorities, road contractors, building contractors and other wayleave users (telecommunication, power, water, and sewerage) to safeguard the optic fibre backbone and access network from avoidable damage. This includes attending relevant meetings with the various authorities and property managers.
• Installation of microwave radios, LTE equipment and other equipment in tower sites
• Doing Physical acceptance Tests of newly installed equipment sites
• Work with contractors installing/servicing LTE sites
• Doing periodic Power maintenance e.g., DEG, Rectifier, battery checks maintenance of telecoms equipment tower and rooftop infrastructure for rust and earthing quality
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ASSISTANT AREA MANAGER JOB
• Degree or Higher National Diploma in Electronics, telecommunications, or related field.
• At least five (5) years working experience in a network maintenance/network support role
• Technical aptitude in electrical and telecommunication infrastructure.
• Knowledge of microwave radio installation, commissioning, and maintenance
• Knowledge of LTE/GSM equipment installation, commissioning, and maintenance e.g., Nokia, ZTE, Ericsson equipment. Certification on this is an added advantage
• Be physically and mentally fit – working at heights is a requirement
• Possession of a valid Fall arrest certification with at least one (1) year to expiry with Training and certification on RF awareness and Training in HSE and DOSH regulations
• Good supervisor and coordination skills.
Location: Multiple Locations
Job Type: full-time
Posted on July 31st, 2022 | Expires on August 13th, 2022