Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Senior Manager Systems Infrastructure
Technology Infrastructure department oversees planning, deployment and operation of state-of-the-art infrastructure services that include server, storage, network, databases, and cloud that support mission critical services for the Bank.
The role holder will act as the leader a team of engineers responsible for planning, implementation, and operations of KCBs systems infrastructure. The environment is composed of diverse and mission critical systems running in virtualized and non-virtualized infrastructure, SAN storage and backup & recovery infrastructure.
- Lead a team of Systems Engineers maintaining KCB systems infrastructure that includes Storage, Storage Area Network, Servers, Virtualization and Backup.
- Provide leadership in designing, building, and scaling production services and servers across multiple data centers for complex and data-intensive services.
- Responsible for ensuring dimensioning of systems is done periodically based on demand and projected growth.
- Responsible for proactive infrastructure provision to meet required business needs without impact on time to market.
- Implement technically strategic solutions for Server and Storage solutions to meet the Bank’s business needs for today and in the future.
- Responsible for systems infrastructure capacity management and working all relevant stakeholders to ensure the capacity management processes are always implemented and adhered to.
- Conduct contingency planning for potential IT hardware unavailability to ensure business continuity.
- Develop and maintain systems infrastructure documentation and action plans including policies and procedures, disaster recovery plans, user guides and best practices that relate to systems platforms in the bank.
- Implement best practice security measures to ensure the integrity and continuity of systems and continuously monitors security compliance.
- Establish and manage SLAs with all stakeholders to ensure High availability of Mission Critical Servers thus ensuring resilience and continuity planning.
- Establish effective relationship with suppliers and partners to influence their plans and maximize value delivery from the relationship for all systems infrastructure services.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- 10 years’ progressive experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years’ experience in infrastructure planning and/or support in an environment with extensive infrastructure deployment with Windows and Linux environment.
- Certification in either VMware (VCP), RedHat (RHCSA/RHCE) or Storage.
- Experience with Automation and Configuration Management with preference for Ansible.
- Cloud certifications with Azure (Administrator/ Solutions Architect) and AWS (SysOps/Solution Architect) will be an added advantage.
- Experience with Container/PaaS orchestration/management platforms such as Kubernetes, OpenShift will be an added advantage.
The above position is demanding; for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 12nd August 2022.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card.
- Birth Certificate of self.
- Passport Photo (White Background).
- NSSF Card.
- NHIF Card.