Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Liberty Life is a leading insurance services company and a wealth management company represented in various African countries. We use our knowledge and action to guide our customers on their journey to financial freedom. We believe in responding to the changing consumer and market needs through innovative solutions and technologically efficient processes. To help us advance this goal, we are seeking talented, self-motivated and skilled individuals of high personal integrity to fill the positions below.
The Accountant IFRS 17 is responsible for implementation in collaboration with Finance, actuarial, operations and IT functions will support the full implementation of IFRS 17 standard for the Company.
• Support the IFRS17 implementation project
• Proactively manage the project and liaises with related departments including but not limited to Actuarial, IT, external vendors, head office and other parties
• Design financial reporting, financial planning processes and relevant controls under IFRS 17
• Design User Acceptance Testing cases, perform UAT testing and document testing result
• To provide support to other Finance functions
• Responsible for developing new IFRS 17 and IFRS 9 Accounting policy as well as the interpretation and implementation of the new accounting standard
• Designing financial closing reporting processes and relevant reporting control under IFRS 17
• Produce IFRS17 technical papers and accounting policy documents
• Build management information system and financial analytical framework
• Updating existing reporting processes to integrate IFRS 17 requirements
• Updating and preparing IFRS reporting models to accommodate IFRS 17, assisting with external audit thereof
• To handle ad Hoc requests
Bachelors’ degree in a business related field
Fully qualified accountant with Certified Public Accountant (CPA)/Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)/Chartered Accountant (CA)
Member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or equivalent and in good standing
At least 8 years’ experience in Finance three of which should be in a supervisory role
Good understanding of IFRS 17 requirements, IFRS 9 and insurance company’s financial statements
Financial Accounting and analysis
Stakeholder relationship Management
Good project management skills
Strong communications skills and evident working with people and teams from different
Strong presentation skills and proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Ability to direct high-performing teams across the organization through strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
Formulating strategies and concepts
Planning and organizing
Adapting and responding to change
Deciding and initiating action
Persuading and influencing
If you meet the above requirements, you are encouraged to forward your application and updated CV to email@example.com by 8th August 2022 clearly state the job title on the subject heading. Liberty Life is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages diversity. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.