Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
By Lilian Mathu
Submitting job applications may seem relatively ‘easy’, based on the job description, terms of reference and instructions on how to send a cover letter, resume and attaching relevant documents. After a successful application you may be invited for an interview.
The interview invite brings with it excitement that you have been shortlisted for an interview, and sometimes a feeling of anxiety thinking of the unknown and the ‘worst case scenario’. Will I be confident enough to answer the interview questions? What kind of questions should I prepare for? Will I pass and finally get my dream job?
As you prepare for the oral, virtual or written interview, in the past you would most likely go to search engines Google or Bing to get answers to your questions. A wealth of information will pop up from varied websites to choose from.
In this tech age, ChatGPT, an AI tool responds to complicated questions posed by people. Launched in November 2022 by OpenAI, ChatGPT is an exciting chatbot that can help you with not only answering your queries, but with coding, essay writing and summarizing content. The tool can also generate comments relevant to a post on your behalf such as in a LinkedIn post.
According to Nerdynav ChatGPT has an approximate 1.8 billion monthly visits as of April 2023, translating to an estimated 60 million visits per day. The tool is co-founded by Elon Musk, the Twitter owner alongside other prominent figures.
Curious, I signed up on ChatGPT on OpenAI and asked my pertinent question: What tips can I use during my interview? Here is the response I got from ChatGPT: “Preparing for an interview is crucial for success. Here are some tips to help you during your interview:
- Research the company: Gather information about the company’s history, values, culture, and recent news. This will demonstrate your interest and make you better equipped to answer questions and ask relevant ones.
- Understand the job description: Review the job description thoroughly and identify the key skills, qualifications, and responsibilities required. Prepare examples from your past experiences that highlight your suitability for the role.
- Practice common interview questions: Anticipate and practice responses to common interview questions, such as “Tell me about yourself,” “Why do you want to work here?” and “What are your strengths and weaknesses?” Be concise, confident, and provide specific examples where possible.
- Prepare questions to ask: Prepare a list of thoughtful questions to ask the interviewer. This shows your interest and engagement. Ask about the company culture, growth opportunities, or any specific projects or initiatives the company is involved in.
- Showcase your achievements: Prepare a few key achievements or experiences that highlight your skills and qualifications. Use the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result) to structure your responses and provide specific examples.
- Dress professionally: Dress appropriately for the interview, usually in formal or business attire. Your appearance should reflect the company’s culture and the level of professionalism expected.
- Practice good body language: Maintain good posture, make eye contact, and offer a firm handshake (if applicable). Smile and engage in active listening throughout the interview. This will help create a positive impression.
- Be confident and enthusiastic: Display confidence in your abilities and enthusiasm for the position and the company. Speak clearly and concisely, and maintain a positive and professional attitude throughout the interview.
- Be honest and authentic: Be truthful in your responses and avoid exaggerating or misrepresenting your skills or experiences. Interviewers appreciate authenticity and integrity.
- Follow up with a thank-you note: After the interview, send a personalized thank-you note or email to express your gratitude for the opportunity. It demonstrates your professionalism and reiterates your interest in the position.
Remember, practice and preparation are key to performing well in an interview. By incorporating these tips, you can boost your confidence and increase your chances of success. Good luck!” While ChatGPT arguably has an accuracy of over 85%, it is a go-to and problem-solving tool to help you effectively and efficiently research and prepare for job interviews. These tips and advice, one can help overcome anxiety during interviews! Artificial Intelligence is here, it is no longer fiction but a reality where machines and computing are helping humans make life easier.