The Warehouse Receipt System Council (WRSC) is a State Corporation established under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries, and Cooperatives – State Department for Crop Development and Agricultural Research pursuant to the Warehouse Receipt System Act No. 8 of 2019. The primary mandate of the Council is to develop and regulate a Warehouse Receipt System for agricultural commodities in Kenya.
The Council invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Office Assistant on one-year contract basis renewable subject to performance
I. Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Human Resource and Administration Officer, the job holder will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing tea and meals for Council staff and visitors;
- Coordinating provision of refreshments and meals in Council meetings;
- Maintaining general cleanliness of the Council offices;
- Collecting and delivering office items, documents, parcels and postage;
- Collecting and disposing litter;
- Moving and arranging office equipment and furniture;
- Carrying out photocopying and document binding; and
- Locking and opening office premises.
II. Person Specifications
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Mean Grade D (Plain) or its equivalent;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Met the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application quoting the position on the envelope. Application letters should be accompanied by certified copies of academic and professional certificates, identity card/ passport, an up-to-date detailed curriculum vitae and be submitted on or before 30th September, 2022 in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer/ Registrar
Warehouse Receipt System Council
Ground floor, Tea House– Naivasha Rd, off Ngong Rd
P.O. Box 22757-00505
WRSC is an equal opportunity employer and respects diversity. Persons living with disabilities, marginalized and minority groups who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.