At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you’re up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- The Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for both internal and external reporting for Henkel Kenya and thereby ensures overall accuracy with all relevant reporting requirements and adheres to Henkel’s policies and procedures, especially the Corporate Standard of Accounting (CSA).
- Prepares internal and external reporting in line with the relevant accounting standards and as per Henkel requirements in terms of quality and deadlines.
- Prepares the annual financial statements in line with local statutory requirements and supports the coordination for the external year-end audit.
- Acts as a business partner for Henkel’s business units and functions and advisor to the local finance organization for accounting related questions.
- Ensures execution of Accounting related internal controls and actively reviews and proposes changes to existing Accounting processes and policies.
- Supports projects impacting general accounting, especially in the area of digitalization (system migrations, enhancements, etc.).
- Implements new local accounting requirements.
- Supports the preparation, review, and timely submission of tax reports and returns in liaison with tax advisors.
- Performs monthly closing activities in areas of GL and cost center accounting.
- 7 years minimal work experience is required for this position
- Work experience gained within Big Four audit firm and multinational corporate environment in the areas of General Accounting & finance
- Strong expertise in FMCG and/or Industrial sector is an additional asset
- Soft skills: Collaboration and teamwork, communication, complex problem-solving, decision-making, critical & systematic thinking, conflict management, analytical skills, integrity, advanced MS Office skills and familiarity with accountings systems (SAP B1)
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We look for a diverse team of individuals who possess different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and mindsets.