IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Program description: This program is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), Washington State University (WSU) and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention whose remit is to conduct research in Malaria, HIV, Tuberculosis and other diseases. The program seeks to undertake a Covid-19 Vaccine Effectiveness (CVE) study championed by the Family Health Unit (FHU) in partnership with the Influenza Program. The program is pleased to announce the following vacant position(s).
Position: Programmer (1 position) J/G KMR6
Vacancy No CGHR/314/09/22
The incumbent is required to design, test and implement data capture and management systems including design and maintenance of databases for the project(s)
- BSc in computer science/information technology or related field
- 1 Year experience in Programming
- Knowledge of Visual Basic® and other programming languages in the NET environment.
- Demonstrable experience developing friendly and well- designed user interface with connections to MS-SQL database, SQL or other major RDBMSs.
- Experience with or working knowledge of Portable Digital equipment (including PDA, Tablets, Android phones) based applications, graphics design, and development of web applications will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
Skills and abilities:
- attention to detail, high levels of intuition and a good work ethic
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good judgment in problem solving and strong internal motivation
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet set deadlines
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have good organizational skills
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
The software developer’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement data capture, management, analysis and reporting tools and systems
- Trouble shoot, modify/improve already existing electronic systems, train data and field personnel on developed/modified tools and systems.
- Ensure the current systems are connected to various databases with the main ones being MS-SQL.
- Deal with routine problems arising during data handling.
- Work with other team members and investigators on various tasks as requested.
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Terms of Employment:
Employment will be on one-year renewable contract with an initial 3 months’ probation. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate KEMRI salary scale depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates and Transcripts
- Contact telephone number
Applications should be addressed to the Deputy Director, CGHR, P. O. Box 1578 – 40100, Kisumu
All the applications to be done through KEMRI Website www.kemri.go.ke/e-recruitment portal– on or before October 6, 2022, latest 5.00 p.m. Please visit the KEMRI web site http://www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted