Responsible for administration of the ICT Service desk and management of support requests received through various channels (SysAid, Email, Whatasapp and Telephone). He/She will ensure CIC users are supported by effective resolution of their service requests by resolving them directly or assigning them to the relevant ICT administrators in support of the ICT Service delivery SLA’s.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the service desk and overall incident management process as well as managing the ICT technical support team.
- Responsible for the performance of the first line support unit and its members and ensures all ICT-related requests are efficiently handled and monitored until resolved to the users’ satisfaction which includes coordinating with other ICT Sections on resolutions of issues.
- Define incident and service request classification, prioritization schemes, and criteria for issue reporting to ensure consistent approaches for handling, informing users about, and closure of support requests.
- Ensure resolution of tickets within the documented Service Level Agreements and provides continuous feedback to users on status of resolution up to closure.
- Generates service desk performance reports that show trends, incidences, compliance to SLAs, breaches or inefficiencies and recommend solutions to ensure continuous improvement.
- Monitor to ensure the proper functioning of all the working tools at the service desk
- Train and coach ICT support staff to support the business through excellent customer service.
- Ensure business sensitization of users on available ICT tools every financial year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- Microsoft Office365 and SharePoint Administration
- Project Management e.g., Prince2, PMP
- Added advantage MCSE.
- CISCO certified
- Up to three (3) years’ relevant experience
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/career/ clearly indicating the position being applied for.
The application should reach us by close of business on Tuesday, 4th October 2022. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by Friday, 4th November 2022 consider your application unsuccessful.
N/B: This job advert is open to both internal and external candidates.