Reporting to the Head of Terminal the job holder will be responsible for overseeing the safety and security of the personnel, materials, buildings and information of the organization from physical assault, fraud and industrial espionage/sabotage.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in developing and implementation of policies, procedures, standards, training and methods for identifying and protecting information, personnel, property, facilities, operations or material from unauthorized disclosure, misuse, theft, assault, vandalism, tampering, sabotage or loss
- Maintaining close liaison with the Company providing the security services
- Plan, direct, and ensure implementation of comprehensive security systems for protection of individuals, commercial and industrial establishments
- Planning and directing installation of electronic security systems, such as CCTV surveillance, entry controls, burglar alarms, smoke detectors and outdoor perimeter and alarms
- Conducting surprise security drills to check the efficiency of all security measures
- Plan and coordinate safety of clients during tours/travel with the Security Unit of the establishment.
- Managing security guards who ensure the protection of the organization’s facilities
- Develop and enforce security procedures and regulations
- Act as a liaison to all departments on security measures, procedures, and needs
- Supervise direct reports work and other administrative matters;
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The Job holder must possess the following;
- Bachelor’s degree in security studies, political science, international relations or other relevant field
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant working experience.
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate departmental goals
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- Should have strong analytical and be result oriented
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader
- Must have management and Leadership skills
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines
- Should have problem solving and decision making abilities
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication
- Should demonstrate ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the department
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages
How to apply
Apply Online here using the Internal recruitment Portal not later than Friday 7th October 2022.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
CTCL is an equal opportunity employer.