As the home of iconic brands such as Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker, at Diageo we source, produce and deliver 6.5 billion litres of world-leading products every year across 180 markets globally. Because of this huge undertaking, we rely on highly advanced systems as well as the very best talent to make sure our businesses continue to run smoothly.
To give you some idea of the scale of our operation, over half of our 30,000 employees work in our supply chains. We have teams in over 100 sites across more than 30 countries, but what matters is that wherever you work, you’re part of a diverse, inclusive team where there are opportunities for everyone.
Whether you work in planning, logistics, technical teams or manufacturing, you’ll be part of an innovative, dynamic organization. We set ourselves the highest standards, and our practices have earned us international recognition.
And it’s people with energy, dedication and problem-solving skills who’ll help us get even better. In return, we offer a world of opportunities for you to explore, to shape and progress your career.
Kenya Breweries Ltd is the largest producer of alcoholic and adult non-alcoholic beverages in the country. At the Nairobi site, the company has a capacity of >5.5 million HLs of beer and >1.5million for spirits.
The Quality Department is responsible for developing and monitoring systems to control the quality of beer and spirits with the aim being to achieve the highest quality standard product that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
This role works closely with Operators, Production team leaders, Line managers and the Quality Manager amongst other stakeholders in production of Beer &Spirits.
- Adherence to all company safety regulations including operating equipment in adherence to the safety guidelines to ensure all safety requirements for self and those working around the machines are met
- Ensuring that equipment are well calibrated and reference standards used at defined frequencies. Proper use and update of SPC charts to ensure accuracy of measurements.
- Reagent preparation and standardization before use in any analysis by self, operator and third-party service providers in accordance with the SOPs.
- Carry out sampling and analysis as per the sampling schedule and in accordance to the SOPs and ensure 100% results reliability.
- Routine in process and finished product sensory profiling.
- Conduct routine finished product release and effect Isolation (physical and SAP system) for non-conforming finished product.
- Train operators on online meters calibration and accuracy check.
- Develop and participate in inter lab ring scheme program to guarantee lab accuracy and certification at defined frequency.
- To monitor process performance, CCPs, SICs and maintain accurate data across all processes.
- Sustaining the hygiene state of the Laboratory’s plants in accordance to the food safety standard by ensuring cleaning schedule is adhered to and CI activities are carried out to eliminate sources of dirt.
- Actively Participate in quality improvement workstreams identified in area of operation
- Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A holder of BSc. Microbiology, Biotechnology
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Quality, Safety and Environmental Management systems.
- Solid Understanding in Quality Management Systems, Brewing and Packaging process.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for us to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the outstanding contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.