WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The successful candidate will be based in our Mombasa Office and will report to the Head of Field Office.
Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders manage resources. This job may require to report for duty on short notice.
To perform tasks related to the implementation and assessment of security measures and maintenance of equipment with a view towards providing updates and recommendations to facilitate informed decision-making and secure WFP staff, facilities and operations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide dedicated executive assistant support.
2. Prepare and/or consolidate comprehensive reports, documentation, correspondence, briefing notes, etc. and conduct research in the area of work.
3. Actively seek and use feedback to improve business processes and procedures.
4. Respond to complex business support queries in order to provide a timely and accurate resolution of enquiries for clients.
5. Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organized and readily available for staff and compliant with all relevant regulations and policies.
6. Revise and review correspondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate, to contribute to production of these materials to time and quality standards.
7. Assist managers in planning, monitoring and reconciling budget(s) to ensure that planned financial resources are used effectively.
8. Assess and recommend improvements to procedures and practices, to contribute to the effective delivery of business support services.
9. Provide a full range of complex business support services to staff to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
10. Provide advice, support and/or training to junior support staff in the provision of business
support services, in order to support their learning in providing business support.
11. Coordinate tasks of junior colleagues to ensure support services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area such as Military or Police Service.
Experience: Six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in security management, investigations, law enforcement or related business stream.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Specialized knowledge of the application of practical methods, techniques, procedures and systems used in security, typically gained through technical training and work experience.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of security logistics, security administration, risk assessment and co-ordination with local authorities and local law enforcement agencies.
• Training and experience in fire and related intervention/evacuation procedures.
• Ability to manage emergency situations and remain calm.
• Attention to detail and constant vigilance in order to promptly detect any breach in security measures.
• Ability to interpret information, use judgement and inform supervisors of any incidents which might impact the UNWFP staff and operations.
• Excellent communication skills in order to maintain frequent correspondence with both, internal staff and external authorities with regards to security advisories and security incidents.
• Willingness to attend security trainings and comply with UNSMS standards.
Language: Fluency in English
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Strategic approach to security risk management||Demonstrates understanding of strategic approaches to security to identify potential threats. Contributes to the creation and implementation of WFPs mitigation measures.|
|Operational knowledge of security risk management||Demonstrates some understanding of day to day security operations. Contributes knowledge to development of resolutions to aspects of challenges faced, as directed.|
|Security resource management||Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on HQ and Field staffing and financial resource usage on a project-level basis.|
|Analysis and solution development||Demonstrates understanding of key UN inter-governmental body partner agencies. Understands implications of security information and reports and supports in the identification of mitigating actions against threats and vulnerabilities to WFP’s operations.|
|Planning compliance and emergency management||Supports in planning and prioritisation practices in-line with established security policies and procedures.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has gained sound knowledge of security operations technical processes
• Has provided technical guidance and training to staff members within area of expertise
• Has supported research and collation of data which feeds into reports that inform security operations activities
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- The World Food Programme DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
- Applications for this position will close at 11:59 p.m. (East African Time) on 11 October 2022.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.