ARCHITECT V/FT/176/2022 -1 POST
An Architect is responsible for creating designs for new construction projects, alterations and redevelopments. An Architect uses their specialist construction knowledge and high-level drawing skills to design buildings that are functional, safe, sustainable and aesthetically pleasing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in the production of schematic design, design development and construction documents in consultation with User.
- Review new projects for compliance with the master plan to ensure smooth integration of the project.
- Plan, coordinate and maintain project design schedules.
- Ensure close out documentation and project archives are completed.
- Lead the quality assurance team during construction.
- Undertake the in-house design of projects that are within the capabilities of the Projects Office.
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya; and Public Officer Ethics
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from a recognized University and a minimum of four (4) years work experience with a reputable organization or firm of Architects.
- Be registered or eligible for registration with the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors, Kenya.
- Have evidence-based experience of working through all architectural stages from concept design to running a job site.
- Demonstrate skills on the areas of design, presentation, and technical skills.
- Proficiency in ArchiCAD, REVIT, 3D Drawings and Rendering.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Proficiency in Computer skills; and
- Complied with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
Soft Skills Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Effective presentation skills, both theoretical and practical.
- Interpersonal skills
- High degree of professionalism and ethics
- Research and development skills
- Organizational skills
- Observational skills
- Mentorship, coaching skills
- Team player with excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: careers.kutrrh.go.ke
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Note that you must attach the following listed documents when you apply on the online portal.
- Application Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Filled Application Form
- Valid Practicing License
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 25th October 2022.
Successful candidates will be offered an attractive remunerative package which includes a basic salary and allowances. The Hospital will facilitate travel to Kenya for the successful candidates and assist in acquiring work permits. The Hospital will also facilitate job placement for spouses where possible.
Qualified Kenyans living abroad as well as well as experts from other nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY