Purpose of Role
To efficiently operate process machines to produce high quality UDV products/services to meet both local and international standards in a safe environment and at the lowest cost.
The role reports into the Shift Manager
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Offload Neutral Spirit supplied from the various sources through the intake process into the bulk holding tanks at 96% ABV
- Offload the necessary concentrate and flavours into the relevant holding tanks and Project Trigger Requirements
- Schedule destination tanks for the neutral spirit being offloaded to ensure trucks are offloaded at the shortest time possible
- Schedule tanks for blending of products required guided by the packaging plan to meet the targeted finished goods volume by shift, day and week.
- Blend the required brands as guided by the (BTMs) Brand Technical Manuals and Recipes to meet the necessary quality and brand attributes to service the packaging plan.
- Operate the Charcoal filtration plant for Smirnoff Vodka and Kenyan vodkas to meet the BTM specification
- Run the associated blending plant activities and operations to ensure plant objectives are met
- Maintain the required documentation for the offloading and blending processes, materials consumed and residual materials to be used as entries into SAP by the Materials Team
- Prepare operations reports in offloading, blending and materials handling for the period on duty to be circulated to relevant stakeholders for decision making
- Operate the demineralised water plant and maintain the records in place for the plant in compliance with Food Safety requirements, given that it’s an OPRP
- Liaise with the RTD blenders in service of the RTD production plan that’s packed in the Beer Packaging Plant
- Run stock counts and reconciliation for the materials issued/in blending operation to ensure all established controls are adhered to.
- Work in liaison with Materials Team to compute process losses and take action to eliminate the losses
- Participate in team continuous improvement activities to achieve set outcomes for targeted KPIs
- Participate in problem solving with focus on corrective and preventative action for Quality issues and Non-conformances.
- Ensure Implementation of Food safety, Quality, Environment and Safety Management Systems according to FSSC 22000, ISO 9001, ISO14001 and BS 18001 requirements respectively
- Maintain the plant hygiene standards for a food production facility in liaison with the cleaning service provider
- Participate in CAPEX project implementation in the blending plant
- Participate in trouble shooting product/equipment non-conformance/ breakdowns
- Operate and maintain the sugar dissolving plant 4.
- Operate and maintain Kenya cane syrup plant
- Receive raw materials (flavours and sugar) from the Main stores
- Participate in product release (tasting) of blends and finished goods
Qualifications and Experience Required
Min University degree Science & Food Technology
Experience in HACCP.