I&M Bank is a leading commercial bank headquartered in Kenya with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers. We are seeking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
MANAGER – STRATEGY & TRANSFORMATION
Responsible for supporting the strategy & transformation office to develop, implement, monitor, and update performance management tools to track progress of all strategy and transformation initiatives across the Bank and Group.
Conduct Market research for useful insights on emerging trends that inform strategic direction of the Bank and Group.
- Prepare insightful reports on economic and industry trends for consumption by relevant governance forums for informed decision making
- In liaison with the Line Manager, develop, maintain, monitor, and update a tracker showing progress on execution of deliverables in line with the 3-year strategic implementation activities and escalate notable deviations
- Support definition of KPIs under the Balanced Scorecard for the Bank and Group Subsidiaries and developing a tracking tool to monitor performance.
- Assist the Line Manager in translating initiatives, work streams and milestones into project plans which ensures successful project completion
- In liaison with the Line Manager assist in setting target metrics / KPIs for work streams and tracking targets set
- Monitoring and tracking of initiatives, facilitating initiative approvals at various stages, reporting deviations, and suggesting remedial actions
- In liaison with the Line Manager support the review of Business plans for initiatives prior to senior management sign off
- Conduct assessment of performance of strategic initiatives to support performance reviews.
- Preparation of periodic reports on progress of transformation for review by the Line Manager
- Deputising for the Senior Manager and attending work stream meetings to support initiative owners in transformation.
- Enforce the cadence process in place and support the change management activities–held within work stream and attend to support sponsors where required
- Identify, analyse, and prepare mitigation tactics for risk (Signaling blocking points and flagging these timely to S&T GM and Senior Manager)
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance including keeping track of any changes to cadence and correct, if need be, to keep discipline
- Responsible for management of the Wave solution (used to track performance of strategic initiatives) including administration, Wave training, assisting users with Wave queries and link with Wave support team.
- Support the periodic reviews of the Group and Bank strategic plan and continuous reporting of the progress to the various identified governance forums
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATOR
- Quality and usefulness of insights provided and adopted.
- Performance of Bank (K) under its Balanced Scorecard.
- Strategic initiatives completed in line with project plan and budget.
- Compliance with Strategy Governance Calendar
- Support provided to the Subsidiaries in managing and monitoring their Strategy
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to understand and translate strategy into action
- Deep understanding of the Balanced Scorecard approach to performance management
- Ability to translate data into useful insights for strategic decision making
- Advanced knowledge and experience in use of excel
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to project manage complex and multifaceted strategic projects
- Knowledge and experience in project management
- Effective communicator & good relationship management skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Good interpretation and decision-making ability
- Good people management skill
- Ability to work independently/self-driven
- Good knowledge of other project management applications
- Strong planning, coordination, and time management skills
- 5 years overall strategy/ performance management / banking experience 3 of which should have been at managerial level
If you believe you meet the above requirements log onto our website http://www.imbank.com and click on careers and apply for the position. Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 25th November 2022