Manager Service Support- Western & Rift Valley Regions
The Manager Service Support (Western & Rift Valley Regions) is responsible for coordinating and managing ICT user support and asset management in Western Regions.
- Define and regularly review incident and service request classification, prioritization schemes and criteria for problem registration to ensure consistent approaches for handling, informing users and conducting trend analysis.
- Review the unit’s KPIs, procedures and processes to guarantee their relevance as well as ensure continual improvement.
- Ensures all IT Services in the region are serving users and Taxpayers at all times
- Support the business in ensuring key systems, networks, One Stop Border Points (OSBPs) are functioning as required
- Liaise with key government agencies and resolve IT related issues/challenges and optimize on provision of IT services.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports
- Develop, mentor, coach and promote talent growth among staff in order to support business through excellent customer service
- Conduct performance management in the unit to ensure that the mutual needs of the staff and Authority are being met.
- Coordinate Corporate initiatives within the unit such as Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any other IT related field
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage
Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
- ITIL, COBIT or equivalent
Certification or training in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Training in middle level management / Supervisory Skills courses.
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2
- Training in operating systems i.e. Windows, Linux or Unix
- Business Systems Analysis i.e. CBAP Certification / Training
- Any of the following Microsoft certifications; Certified Systems Engineer(MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solution Associate(MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
Related Work Experience and Technical Skills
- The post holder should have at least 5 years’ progressive experience in a busy IT environment, with at least 2 years managing an ICT team in a large or busy organization
- Knowledge and experience in setup and troubleshooting of complex Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks
- Competence in Windows Active Directory Management Tools plus creation and deployment of Group Policy Objects
- Conversant with process automation and experience working with automation tools such as MS SharePoint, System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM) OR System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Hands on experience supporting enterprise Email Systems (Server and Client) such as Domino Lotus Notes/ MS Exchange/ Microsoft 365
The Job holder must:
- Have good understanding of the KRA’s goals and objectives.
- Resilient, focused, results oriented and a team player.
- Have strong analytical, diagnostic, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships with contracted parties, third party organizations, users and staff.
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- High levels of integrity
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)