Reference number: null
Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Temporary Training Officer, Nairobi
Duties and responsibilities
- Participate in planning and design of curriculum.
- Develop and manage checklist for courses deliveries.
- Prepare and compile training materials required for courses and organize for printing and/or uploading of the same.
- Keep track of all the tasks/inputs required for AWARD course delivery in line with budget provided.
- Follow up on communication with partners and hosts once an event is confirmed.
- Liaise with respective course coordinators from partner institutions to get the complete list of participants for courses, update it with the required details accordingly and any other relevant information.
- Liaise with hosting centers on all logistical arrangements on site.
- Respond to enquiries from AWARD clients/partners about events and follow up on course registrations.
- Liaise with communications unit for advertising, course announcements and related promotional materials.
- Follow up with participants on their pre-course work and deadlines.
- Coordinate with trainers on requirements for the courses.
- Conduct research for materials and content required for courses including videos
- Organize for field trips when required.
- Design and analyze respective course feedback and evaluations, provide collective feedback to training partners, and provide feedback to the Senior Manager, Leadership and Training.
- Coordinate report writing of respective courses.
- Attend to the post course follow up as per checklist.
- Follow up on payments for training consultants and partners.
- Coordinate together with the Senior Training Officers, detailed tracking of invoiced dues to ensure full payment prior to workshop delivery depending on MOUs.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Master’s degree in Education, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or other related social science discipline.
- At least 5 years of international experience in a development field of which 3 or more years of experience in curricula development is required in on-line course design and deployment, and design and implementation of blended learning systems, in either public or private sector international organizations.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of learning systems.
- Experience in managing the development and deployment of training courses and systems desirable.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and communication styles.
- Knowledge of instructional design methodologies.
- Knowledge of training measurement and assessment/evaluation techniques.
- Excellent planning and facilitation skills.
Terms and conditions
- The appointment will be for a period of six (6) months. The duty station will be in Nairobi, Kenya CIFOR-ICRAF HQ Offices.
The application deadline is 17 Nov-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.