About the job
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER- PUBLIC SECTOR
Are you a go getter, positive minded individual who fits the role profile captured below? There is an opportunity for ambitious, self-driven individuals to fill the above position.
Reporting to: Chief Officer-Public Sector
The purpose of the role is to build and manage rapport with Public Sector Clients. The key responsibility being; customer acquisition, retention and income generation from the sales of the banks products.
- Ensuring proper systems are in place to effectively manage AML/CFT risk at your level.
- Management of ongoing relationships with existing Public partners and where relevant, leverage those relationships to greater collective impact.
- Managing Strategic partnerships agreements within the Public Sector.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, strategic partnerships and management activities.
- Developing own strategy with clear action plans to ensure achievement of desired results.
- Growth of the existing deposit book as per the set organizational targets through growth of current accounts/collection business as well as wholesale deposits from the Public Sector.
- New client onboarding through the development and maintenance of a pipeline of prospective clients within Public Sector to ensure sustainable growth of the Portfolio.
- Identify and address assigned customer needs, ensuring that the overall service provided is in line with customer expectations and the terms of the service offer.
- Provide specialist information, guidance and advise to customers through the delivery of excellent customer service to resolve customer queries and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Prepare Customer sales coverage plans to ensure each relationship is managed according to the Family Bank customer service charter with regular reviews of the customer portfolio to assess future needs and ongoing fee/income potential.
- Identifying and developing new business proposals efficiently and expeditiously to ensure that potential new business opportunities are not lost to competitors.
- Ensure great working relationship with team members for overall achievement of departmental goals
- Ensure adherence of all bank’s prescribed processes, standard operating procedures and central bank requirements.
- Role Models the Brand and Corporate Values of the Bank both internally and externally.
- Works as part of a team for the purpose of winning together.
- Any other official duties that may be allocated from time to time by management.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business related field.
- Have a minimum of 5 years working in the Banking Industry; with relevant experience in product knowledge and risk management
- Sound knowledge of the Banking Act and the regulatory framework in the Financial Services Industry
- Able to apply Financial knowledge and skills to achieve business goals
- Able to identify and minimize potential and inherent risks in banking
- Communicates effectively and is able to explain complex Business issues
- Track record of motivating, managing and developing individuals and teams to achieve results.
- Proficient in the use of Banking and office management systems
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Goal focused and able to spot business opportunities
- Builds networks and maintains strong relationships
- Able to manage and influence others to achieve results
- Has passion and drive to achieve results under difficult circumstances
- Pleasant and able to relate well in diverse social set ups and teams
- Upholds high standard of Professionalism, integrity and respect for others
. Management and leadership ability:
- Able to identify, motivate and develop talent within the Bank.
- Capacity to influence decisions at senior management levels
- Communicates effectively
- Drives high performance in teams.
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email; email@example.com; closing date is 26th November 2022. Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”