Global Customer Experience Director
About the company
BURN is working to create a world where cooking positively impacts all life on earth by producing the world’s most efficient biomass, liquid fuel, and electric cookstoves.
BURN is the largest vertically integrated modern cookstove company in the world, providing world-class R&D, manufacturing, and carbon offset projects from our HQ in Kenya and across 10 countries in Africa.
Our team of 900 people – 51% of whom are women – is on track to produce and sell over 150,000 stoves per month in 2022 at our solar-powered facility in Kenya.
The company was founded by CEO Peter Scott, who is recognised as the global leader in cookstove commercialisation. BURN has received recognition for its cutting-edge innovation and environmental & social impact from, among others Bloomberg New Energy Finance Award, Global Leap Awards, and Ashden International.
BURN is an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to creating the best workplace in the world. Visit BURN/careers if you would like to be part of a world-class team that is committed to making positive, measurable change for people, forests, and the climate.
About the job
About the Role:
The job holder will be responsible for developing Burn’s customer experience strategy and delivering a seamless customer experience across all stages and touchpoints in the customer journey and helping the company continually achieve greater customer satisfaction, increased efficiency, and profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive a Customer First culture and enhance customer-centricity awareness to manage the strategic delivery of service excellence across all company channels and business units,
- Implementation of collaborative action plans to drive the strategic delivery of the company strategy for delighting the customer in coordination with marketing and other key functional leaders,
- Oversee the end-to-end contact center engagements and retention (scope design, partner sourcing/onboarding, and operational management of call center operations to attain company-defined standards),
- Ensure that the customer experience team works in collaboration with all other business functions, consistently delivering great end-to-end customer experience across all customer stages, channels, and touchpoints within the customer journey,
- Champion the “Voice of the Customer “Initiative – project manage the proactive initiatives aimed at sharing customer feedback/insights, customer experience improvement activities
- Build and create a team of top-quality business analysts and customer experience specialists with deep domain expertise in customer experience journeys,
- Enable a two-way stream with customer-facing teams by – collecting feedback from customer-facing teams to derive meaningful insights for improvements and guiding teams to ensure a customer-centric attitude while acquiring new customers or dealing with existing customers to align with the larger CX strategy,
- Measure and track delivery ROI on identified transformation opportunities for customer experience along with driving continuous process improvement culture across customer experience,
- Create and implement an analytics strategy for best-in-class service delivery. Leverage existing and additional relevant technologies for reporting and analytics across customer service and other customer-facing functions/ channels.
- Be the lead resource person and trainer in Carbon projects monitoring in-country and overseas among other such needs with some of the expected outcomes being, training reports, supporting documentation, remote calls evidence, monitoring reports, etc.
- Coordinate with the Carbon department in conducting required data quality audits (QA/QC) post-distribution during project implementation from distribution to issuance to ensure compliance with Carbon standards.
- Positive growth of Net Promoter Score,
- Positive improvements in Customer Turn Around Time (TAT) and Efficiency Scores for Customer Service,
- Contact Center Metrics to be within accepted best practice standards (call abandonment rate to be at 5%, Average Handling Time, budget management (agent – cost rations to be within best practice benchmarks), call reduction initiatives (reduce calls to Contact Center),
- Customer Experience Project Execution (projects are delivered within signed-off time/scope/cost).
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in sales & marketing, or a related field is desirable.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in customer experience with a proven record of developing customer-facing strategies which drive customer satisfaction, after-sales management, and revenue contribution within different geographies in Africa,
- Experience or training in data analysis and visualization.
- Ability to interact at the senior management level, proactively advocating for solutions and managing the customer escalation process,
- Experience in working with senior teams to develop, & execute the customer experience strategy of a mid-size or large corporation with operations in different geographies,
- Demonstrate the ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity (utilization),
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding expectations and able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality,
- Experience leading in a fast-paced environment (preferably in a sales organization or high-tech organization), partnering with senior business leaders,
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy,
- Business-driven, people-focused, with exceptional influencing skills; excellent organizational, multi-tasking, presentation, and time-management skills,
- Passion for social enterprise, development of people, and environmental benefits.
Qualified Female Candidates encouraged to Apply
BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).