EHS OFFICER (Mariakani)
- Perform daily site inspections to ensure compliance with the safety processes and policies.
- Ensure that a system is in place for reporting, investigating, analyzing and documenting all Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) incidents, regulatory compliance incidents, and significant near misses.
- Provide corrective action recommendations to address environmental, health and safety (EHS) risks to promote continuous improvement.
- Develop and review existing Safety and Operations Manuals.
- Ensure that all employees have the necessary Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) training and personal protective equipment required for their jobs.
- Secure and review work permits.
- Maintain and track safety files, certification and licenses.
- Ensure compliance with the EHS rules and regulations including NEMA regulations.
- Continually review leading indicators from safety audit summaries, daily observations and injury statistics to propose structured programs that will continually lower risks associated with potential injury cases.
- Ensure that the company complies with the OSHA requirements for auditing purposes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- At least 2 years’ experience of relevant experience in a similar position, preferably in the manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge of ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001: 2015 and ISO 45001: 2018.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated application of EHS good practices.
- Ability to develop, evaluate, and implement site specific EHS programs, training, policy and practices.
- Experience and skill to conduct research, investigate alternative solutions and recommend needed change
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.