Job Title: Maintenance Assistant – Electricals
Department: Administration Services Department
Reporting to: Administrator –Administration Services Department
Basic job summary:
To be responsible for providing a conducive learning and working environment by ensuring timely repair and maintenance of electrical related issues and new installations
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Repair lights, clocks, electrical machines and equipment such as water dispensers, fans and air conditioners;
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking electrical material stock to determine inventory levels;
- Record all electrical breakdowns, causes, and corrective action to facilitate analysis and interpretation of breakdown trends;
- Coordinate and supervise all electrical jobs within the universities including the supervision of outsourced contractors;
- Install simple electrical equipment such as fans and keep track of equipment used;
- Meet electrical maintenance financial objectives by forecasting requirement, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions;
- Achieve electrical maintenance operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Provide assistance to other members of the maintenance team as required or directed.
- Certificate in Electrical and Electronics
- At least 2 years relevant work experience in a busy environment
- Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Experience in carrying out routine fixes and maintenance
- Ability to do manual work over a long period of time
- Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Good Planning and Organizational Skills
- High level of Integrity
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Maintenance Assistant – Electricals ” on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th January 2023. Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.
You must be logged in to post a comment.