This job has been expired
Main accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Leading a team follow standard operating procedures for safe start up and shutdown of oil extraction machines.
- Ensure pre-start up, start up, operational and shut down checklists are completed before plant operations commence
- Ensure cleanliness of the working area.
- Maintains various operational records and logs and produces operational reports.
- Oversees the flow of information and reports, coordinates actions when necessary, and ensures response plans are followed during emergencies and natural disasters.
- Interfaces closely with the operations In-charge and maintenance to ensure key operational matters are performed, communicated and documented.
- Maintains a log of operations to reflect any/all system concerns, and operational actions taken.
- Follows standard procedures and switching orders in accordance with standard operating and safe switching practices.
- Ensure smooth transition of position during shift operations.
- Complies with all HSE safety regulations and adheres to proper codes and standards with a thorough understanding of safety procedures related to Electrical Systems.
- Handle any other duties assigned by management from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of degree in mechanical engineering (production option)from a reputable institution, or final craft certificate and demonstrated experience in a busy workshop
- Over 5 years of sound continuous and detailed experience in welding in terms of TIG, MIG, ARC and gas welding relative to alluminium, cast-iron, alloys and stainless steel among others.
- Conversant with using hot work permits, JSA and all applicable occupational health and safety procedures
- Conversant with fire safety
- Conversant with all advanced welding tools and methodologies,
Conversant with all workshop processes;
- Degree in Electrical or mechatronics Engineering or equivalent experience and minimum 3 years related work experience
- Fluent knowledge of English
- 2 years operator experience in vegetable oil extraction plant.
- Experience with troubleshooting of plant upsets and taking corrective action.
- Experience with shift report writing
To apply and submit CV, click here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.