This job has been expired
Overall purpose of the job:
The purpose of this position is to ensure the school’s facilities and grounds are in a working condition and safe for optimal usage by staff and students. The responsibilities within this position must be well-organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs
- To oversee and agreeing contracts and providers for services including, but not limited to security, cleaning, catering, classrooms etc.
- To supervise multi-skilled craftsmen of staff including electricians
- To ensure that basic facilities, such as water is well-maintained
- To manage budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness within the school’s operations
- To ensure that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Advising businesses on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- To be responsible for the overall security arrangements of the premises including ensuring that staff are aware of the procedures on security and the use of alarm systems
- To ensure the standards of cleanliness are high, and that the cleaning contract is value for money
- To draw up maintenance schedules and set routine programmes of work for maintenance staff to ensure consistently high standards of hygiene, cleanliness, upkeep and safety of all school buildings and premises
- To be responsible for the upkeep of playing fields, gardens, all weather surfaces and to ensure the maintenance of boundaries, footpaths, roads, and rights of way within the school premises
- To ensure that all statutory elements of health and safety are implemented and undertaking responsibility for monitoring first aid and emergency supplies
- Maintaining the premises in a safe and healthy condition and to a high standard
- To monitor the safe storage and control of any potentially harmful materials and chemicals used within the school and ensure that such materials are appropriately marked and signposted
- To be responsible for all aspects of the school’s risk management, including ensuring all necessary risk assessments are completed and the necessary checks are in place to meet all audit requirements
- To be responsible for the planned and ad hoc maintenance and upkeep of the premises and equipment including the required safety checks. To liaise with the Procurement Department and contractors as required
- To be the client side link with contracting staff, contribute to specifications, monitoring and review of all major contracts and services and to undertake appropriate administrative processes for specifying and letting minor contracts in accordance with established guidelines
- To liaise with various Heads of School and Heads of Departments to assist with their operational needs
- To be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of all premises-related mechanical, electrical, heating services and other plant, including ensuring the completion of all annual portable appliance testing, monitoring, and recording of meter readings/returns as require
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time
To apply and submit CV, click here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.