Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Manager will be responsible for managing the project and programs under the Energy, Environment and Climate Change (EE&CC) pillar as well as a team of senior officers and officer within the pillar.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure smooth running of the EE&CC Pillar
- Lead, guide and motivate EE&CC team in executing the pillar’s mission and objectives in line with Equity’s mission.
- Develop the pillar’s strategies & projections and communicate the same to the team for execution.
- Planning, assigning and supervising pillar projects per sector at the same time design jobs and specify tasks.
- Will be the lead partner relationship manager and will use the opportunity to identify areas Equity can leverage to attain its social, environmental and commercial goals.
- Establishment and maintaining a close working relationship among the pillar team, other departments of EGF and the Bank to ensure smooth running of the EE&CC Pillar Programs.
- Assisting the pillar head in aligning and managing the Pillar’s projects per sector and aligning them to the Bank’s objective of driving business through eco-system banking.
- Working closely the M&E team develop relevant project tracking tools for accurate and timely progress reports
- Coordinating & supporting execution of projects undertaken between EGF, the Bank and energy partners.
- Promoting and cross selling the Banks’ products to energy partners. Support and/ or facilitate market, information/ knowledge and financial linkages and support build-up of business networks for the energy & environment eco-systems.
- Working closely with Pillar partners to specific sectors/individuals to facilitate customer satisfaction in service delivery
- Coordinate and participate in capacity building activities for Equity staff, partners and customers
- Ensure proper continuous documentation and dissemination/ reporting of activities.
- University degree a business-related course, environmental science, renewable energy or Sustainability
- Professional training in data or people management, or related courses will be an added advantage
- At least four years’ work experience with reputable organization especially in green projects, sustainable finance
- Experience in top level people management
- Good experience in training
- Strong Leadership skills
- Team Player
- Takes initiative
- Self-motivated and motivates others
- Great inter-personal skills
- A problem solver
- Organized and with good planning skills
- Good people management skills
- Excellent communication skills
Skills and specialized knowledge
- High level computer operations, software and/ or application development/ programing.
- Data analysis
- Good presentation and reporting skills
- Good business acumen
- Broad sector knowledge (clean energy sector)
The position entails coverage of an extensive knowledge in climate related projects, management and may require frequent travels within Kenya and the subsidiaries,
The Manager will report directly to the Pillar Head.
- Sign KPIs with the Head of the Pillar
- Deliver of all the KPIs
- Weekly progress reports on the set KPIs